• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from CGC today!!!!! Take a guess and see PGM Detective 35

66 posts in this topic

Not sure what "The front cover is cleanly detached, the back cover is still intact with the staples." means.

It means that the front cover of the comic can be removed from the book. However, the back cover is still attached to the staples/book itself. I would have loved it if the cover was attached. Absolutely love it!

The pages are just brown and not brittle. I read the comic after I bought it. They have the same pliability of a late 70's early 80's comic in my opinion. Doesn't mean I am going to try to bend those pages ever.

Not sure what "The front cover is cleanly detached, the back cover is still intact with the staples." means.

It means that the front cover of the comic can be removed from the book. However, the back cover is still attached to the staples/book itself.

(thumbs u

For you slabbing aficionados, wouldn't a split front cover grade a bit lower than a cover wrap that is cleanly detached at the staples? Idly curious where CGC comes out on a defect like this.

Radical acquisition! Care to share any info about how/where you acquired it? Inquiring minds want to know... lol

CONGRATS! :applause:

A lot of people were inquiring about this issue. I guess I will have to tell the story some time. Since I am going to get it graded maybe I will tell it once it comes back slabbed.

I came back from Christmas with the in-laws and waiting for me at the post office was this big box for such a small comic.

This was my first ever submission and was going to be happy with the result no matter what. Mostly because it will always look a lot better than the grade.

"Brown Pages"? I have never seen that on a label before, ever. Is CGC just making mess up now with their "PQ" designations? It's supposed to be "Page Quality" not "Page Colour", right? doh!

Ugh. This is precisely why I take the "PQ" on the label with a grain of salt.

That book is a treasure my man, you are one of only a lucky few blessed enough to have one, and it's a very nice presenting blue label as well. :banana:

-J.

"Brown Pages"? I have never seen that on a label before, ever. Is CGC just making mess up now with their "PQ" designations? It's supposed to be "Page Quality" not "Page Colour", right? doh!

This. "Brown" pages ! WTF !?