• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured auction -- post 'em if you got 'em (or got blown out)

280 posts in this topic

How do I check to see the results of some of the auctions? I tried to do a search of the site and nothing came up. I'm curious what the Batman 3 and the Jimmy Olsen 134 9.4/9.6 ended at.

Use this search feature:

Click here

Nice! Never knew my car was worth so little :(

How do I check to see the results of some of the auctions? I tried to do a search of the site and nothing came up. I'm curious what the Batman 3 and the Jimmy Olsen 134 9.4/9.6 ended at.

Use this search feature:

Click here

Call and ask, if you really must know

my evil side was happy to see a book that I tried to buy privately, sell for the same amount I offered. The guy tried to squeeze some extra $$ out of me with a BS story about another buyer being interested. I stood by my offer, he tried to get more, I walked away. (Then he came back a week later saying the other buyer backed out, and would I want it at that price. I continued to walk away)

Book just sold in the auction at the same amount I offered, so he's out what ever CLinks commission is (what is their standard commission?) by trying to squeeze me for a few extra buckaroos.

I probably would have been willing to go higher than my offer if the seller had just been straight with me that he wanted more... I aint got time for shenanigans.

my evil side was happy to see a book that I tried to buy privately, sell for the same amount I offered. The guy tried to squeeze some extra $$ out of me with a BS story about another buyer being interested. I stood by my offer, he tried to get more, I walked away. (Then he came back a week later saying the other buyer backed out, and would I want it at that price. I continued to walk away)

Book just sold in the auction at the same amount I offered, so he's out what ever CLinks commission is (what is their standard commission?) by trying to squeeze me for a few extra buckaroos.

I probably would have been willing to go higher than my offer if the seller had just been straight with me that he wanted more... I aint got time for shenanigans.

Just takes a month+ to complete the transaction.

Use this search feature:

Click here

Thanks. And is it just me or did almost all the Sale Pending info on the site disappear overnight.

Use this search feature:

Click here

Thanks. And is it just me or did almost all the Sale Pending info on the site disappear overnight.

Not sure about that..but in all seriousness, you can click on the auction banner and it'll take you to all the items. The sold ones just are cycled to the back of the 41 pages. So you'll just have to either search for the item in question or go to that particular page.

I took a serious run at this one and was the underbidder. Even though I saved some money by not picking this up, have to say I was pretty disappointed. I was going to put a bid in on the 62, but by the time I refreshed the page, that auction had ended too, so I did not even get to bid on that book.

:pullhair:

IMO prices for HG Planets and many (but not all) similar GA Sci-Fi or GGA have been constrained to date. Sometimes book has gone a high % over GPA because someone pushes the very small number of big spenders who have had their way with this market. I think the mindset has been these are great books but we should be able to get them at (something cheap). I think all we need is a few new aggressive players for these Jungles, Jumbos, Planets, etc and typical prices for these books will be much higher. I just don't have a great sense about how many of these HG Planets are really out there and how patient/aggressive one should be when something nice comes up. I did decide a long time ago these books should have staying power and the number of people wanting these books will continue to increase.

Before someone mentions it I know most Jungles and Jumbos don't rate with Planets, but in so many instances they sell amazingly low.

being a Sci-Fi collector without a big budget I hear you. But I think the Planets already enjoy a typically good return on the higher grade copies (for non-super hero books)... but that might just be me.

are you saying CLink doesnt take any cut of the total sale price?

Jimmy Olsen 134 9.6 went for $1500. I didn't bookmark the rest you've listed. Most of the books did pretty well last night.

Use this search feature:

Click here

Not sure about that..but in all seriousness, you can click on the auction banner and it'll take you to all the items. The sold ones just are cycled to the back of the 41 pages. So you'll just have to either search for the item in question or go to that particular page.

Many thanks.

10% off the top.

Jimmy Olsen 134 9.6 went for $1500. I didn't bookmark the rest you've listed. Most of the books did pretty well last night.

Batman 3 in 7.0 went for $5,766, and the one in 4.5 went for $2,122.

I took a serious run at this one and was the underbidder. Even though I saved some money by not picking this up, have to say I was pretty disappointed. I was going to put a bid in on the 62, but by the time I refreshed the page, that auction had ended too, so I did not even get to bid on that book.

IMO prices for HG Planets and many (but not all) similar GA Sci-Fi or GGA have been constrained to date. Sometimes book has gone a high % over GPA because someone pushes the very small number of big spenders who have had their way with this market. I think the mindset has been these are great books but we should be able to get them at (something cheap). I think all we need is a few new aggressive players for these Jungles, Jumbos, Planets, etc and typical prices for these books will be much higher. I just don't have a great sense about how many of these HG Planets are really out there and how patient/aggressive one should be when something nice comes up. I did decide a long time ago these books should have staying power and the number of people wanting these books will continue to increase.

Before someone mentions it I know most Jungles and Jumbos don't rate with Planets, but in so many instances they sell amazingly low.

being a Sci-Fi collector without a big budget I hear you. But I think the Planets already enjoy a typically good return on the higher grade copies (for non-super hero books)... but that might just be me.

As I have been a very fanatical purchaser of Planet Comics for the last year I can chime in. As I mentioned in the GA section Comiclink thread:

High grade planets are not easy to come by, and for whatever reason issue 61 in anything above 6.0 grade is very hard to locate: trust me I have been looking for a higher than VG copy for a year and a half. I am not surprised by the final price here.

Wonderful copy, very strong colors and very nicely centered with white pages. Just slightly over 2x overstreet. Congrats to the winner! ( Not me ) I purchased a 7.5 off Worldwide Comics a few days before this 9.2 was posted. Had I not purchased the 7.5 I would have been all over this 9.2 and my estimated bid would have been 1750 which is 2x guide.

making a deal here pray a show or a shop or even eBay can be wrapped up usually in a few days. Auction houses usually take over a month to ship a book or send you funds from a sale. Time is money. Not saying anything about commissions at all. Just wait time. I factor it when I make decisions about buying and selling.

As I have been a very fanatical purchaser of Planet Comics for the last year I can chime in. As I mentioned in the GA section Comiclink thread:

High grade planets are not easy to come by, and for whatever reason issue 61 in anything above 6.0 grade is very hard to locate: trust me I have been looking for a higher than VG copy for a year and a half. I am not surprised by the final price here.

Wonderful copy, very strong colors and very nicely centered with white pages. Just slightly over 2x overstreet. Congrats to the winner! ( Not me ) I purchased a 7.5 off Worldwide Comics a few days before this 9.2 was posted. Had I not purchased the 7.5 I would have been all over this 9.2 and my estimated bid would have been 1750 which is 2x guide.

I was sad to see these ones go, but have held onto many other good ones. Its a great run to collect. Same with Mystery in Space, which does not seem to get as much love, but they too can have very fun covers, great colors and its a real challenge finding them in high grade. Congrats to the winners.

I was watching a book that was offered to me here privately and we could not agree on a price. I think the seller is a great guy and perhaps overpaid for the book originally but he would have made more money if he had sold it to me at my offer price than at CLink. I ended up bidding soft on the book because there is a better copy coming up for auction pretty soon.

If I ever see a perfectly centered X-Men #25 I'll have to buy it on general principle. I've never seen a copy that wasn't terribly miswrapped into a 2 cent arvel, and I've seen a few copies of that book.

Do you think the 25 looks like that from a bad miswrap or a bad press job ? Or a combination of both ?

I was sad to see these ones go, but have held onto many other good ones. Its a great run to collect. Same with Mystery in Space, which does not seem to get as much love, but they too can have very fun covers, great colors and its a real challenge finding them in high grade. Congrats to the winners.

There are lots of people putting together this run, a number with deep pockets for sure. I have always loved this run, but wish like most collectors prices were more stagnant than they are. I still have roughly 50 books to complete the run, not sure if that will ever be in a position to complete the run given the continuing price trend of these books. I tend to collect only 7.0 and higher for this title, so that makes thing very competitive with other buyers out there. Congrats to the buyer of the #61, it is a sweet book. The only plus of the higher prices is it tends to promote more sellers of the books looking to cash in on the trend. I have noticed a lot more Planets for sale over the last 18 months than I have ever seen in my 12 years of collecting as an adult.

Happy collecting all!

Jason