• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured auction -- post 'em if you got 'em (or got blown out)

280 posts in this topic

I cant remember who on the board was Selling that Venus #10 (CGC 7.5) but that was a nice final hammer of $561 (25% over last GPA, and each sale has out paced the last), and makes me feel good about the price I paid for my 8.5. Was worried when I saw that the book was still way down at $250 with only a few hours to go... but that seems to be the way the GA books go.

Strong prices for all the GA Sci-Fi this month, and I was watching that Planet 42 Comicsarefun, its a great cover, and you snagged a very nice presenting one with sharp colors!

Congrats to whoever won the Superman 10. I had a tracking bid that got blown out of the water. On a serious note, when will they add back cover scans? What's so hard? Unless your a seller with something to hide, it can work against both buyer and seller.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1021671

... On a serious note, when will they add back cover scans? What's so hard? Unless your a seller with something to hide, it can work against both buyer and seller.

they've said it a million times... they're never going to do it.

you can always request a back cover scan via email and they'll email it to you (and still not post it).

CLink drew the line in the sand on this long ago, and isnt budging.

He's got a business model that makes him money and he's not changing it whether thats updating the website (either in design or feature/functions) or service level relating to auctions (ie back cover scans).

might as well give up the ghost on back covers, the ability to "track" an auction without bidding on it, better search functions... he's not going to invest $$ when there liklihood of ROI is low or long term.

Well, my first auction being a seller went ok. My Marvel Preview 2 in CGC 9.8 went for about $200 more than I hoped but my x-men 2 and Strange tales 115 both went for much less than i thought. If nothing else I learned what sells best in the auction.

Well, my first auction being a seller went ok. My Marvel Preview 2 in CGC 9.8 went for about $200 more than I hoped but my x-men 2 and Strange tales 115 both went for much less than i thought. If nothing else I learned what sells best in the auction.

My first auction as a seller too and all of the books I listed went at or above what my goals were (but never a new gpa high). All in all I was pleased. It was exciting and more reassuring than Ebay.

Note, I would not have listed at any other Clink auction except the summer feature. I figured it was a perfect storm type of scenario with the con season ending and the market hype going wild in general.

I took a serious run at this one and was the underbidder. Even though I saved some money by not picking this up, have to say I was pretty disappointed. I was going to put a bid in on the 62, but by the time I refreshed the page, that auction had ended too, so I did not even get to bid on that book.

:pullhair:

How do I check to see the results of some of the auctions? I tried to do a search of the site and nothing came up. I'm curious what the Batman 3 and the Jimmy Olsen 134 9.4/9.6 ended at.

I took a serious run at this one and was the underbidder. Even though I saved some money by not picking this up, have to say I was pretty disappointed. I was going to put a bid in on the 62, but by the time I refreshed the page, that auction had ended too, so I did not even get to bid on that book.

:pullhair:

IMO prices for HG Planets and many (but not all) similar GA Sci-Fi or GGA have been constrained to date. Sometimes book has gone a high % over GPA because someone pushes the very small number of big spenders who have had their way with this market. I think the mindset has been these are great books but we should be able to get them at (something cheap). I think all we need is a few new aggressive players for these Jungles, Jumbos, Planets, etc and typical prices for these books will be much higher. I just don't have a great sense about how many of these HG Planets are really out there and how patient/aggressive one should be when something nice comes up. I did decide a long time ago these books should have staying power and the number of people wanting these books will continue to increase.

Before someone mentions it I know most Jungles and Jumbos don't rate with Planets, but in so many instances they sell amazingly low.