• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW Batmobile - Thoughts?

62 posts in this topic

There is much in the 60s show that appeals only to kids, but the Batmobile is the real deal. That thing is a work of art.
George Barris is the real deal. Maybe they should have had Foose design the new Batmobile :D

This with a black paint job, Batmobile complete

011.jpg

I actually missed my chance to see this thing in person by about ten minutes several years back. Had trouble finding parking at the RTE 66 show. My sister was hanging out with Foose in the parking lot checking this thing out up close. She called me and told me to hurry, I found her minutes after he pulled out of the parking lot. Didn't see him anywhere for the rest of the day.

its pretty standard fair, modern aggressive style, similar to the tumbler in its angular lines. neither amazing, nor bad.

Bats are sleek. This is bulbous.

Yes, but on the bright side it doesn't look like it will get caught in your hair.

Thoughts? Yeah I've got a few.Do you ever get the feeling you are going to see a train wreck,or a car accident and have no way of preventing it? That's kinda how I'm feeling about this Batman movie. :cry:
I've found a way to prevent it. Not gonna see it ;)

I think the Batmobile is basically a viewer rorschach test. Performance or Military? Awe inspiring or fear inducing? Like what you like.

I also think if you push the Tumbler / Military route a little further out you end up with a Batman who fully embraces robotic hardware. A Batman who would have no problem sitting in the Batcave, deploying and overseeing Bat-automatons all over the world. A way to be everywhere at once and strike fear X100000. An army of Bat-gorts would have criminals wetting themselves.

I'd love to read that story. Batman: Swarm. Or whatever. An army of Bat-automatons, Batman pushing the singularity-envelope, and yeah, Superman having to break out his Fortress stash of tinmen badboys to slow Batman's roll.

And have Daniel H. Wilson write it, please.

cc360008976386c78cca5ac77a16d23b.jpg

I love the tumbler. It made more sense for the car to be more like a tank. Too easy to stop one of those monopoly looking cars from the 30s.

+1

Never really liked the Burton Batmobile.

+2.

I love the Tumbler, this new design is just evolution of that design. I kinda like it, and as mentioned earlier I want ot see it in action.

While I liked how the Tim Burton batmobile looked it was far to cumbersome to me and needed a grappling hook to turn corners?

+3

I like it a lot.

It takes the plating from the Nolan films batmobile and applies it to a Burtonesque era vehicle. It looks like a Batmobile.

The animated Batmobile will never see real life screen time as that would be like trying to maneuver a tractor trailer with wheels that did not turn. The vehicle was too long for the real world.

The 60's Batmobile is iconic but hokey by today's world.

The Tumbler - I was not a member here but I am sure that there was outrage across these boards on the design back when Batman Begins was in development.

I like this... it looks tough, it looks fast and it looks like it cruises, bounces and revs through the streets. It is imposing yet believable unlike the Schumaker films where those wings provided and instability that was laughable.'

I like it. I cannot wait for Lego to release their version of it. I already want a Hot Wheels version for my desk at work and I look forward to a Seinfeld episode of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee with him pulling up to someone's house in this thing.