• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! - Silver Age Comic Theft! or Guardians of the Comic Realm I Call on Thee!

150 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd wrap this long running thread up by letting everyone know what has happened. The guy who broke into my home and stole my books was caught and has just recently been caught and is now being convicted. I have agreed to let him plea bargain as long as he pays me restitution for the books that I didn't get back. It's not official yet but he'll pay me $1,000 in restitution and then will get probation and some kind of community service according to the lady in the D.A's office who called me. It only took the Memphis police department 11 months to get this guy caught and in court <sarcasm>. All in all I feel fortunate that I'll get some payback for all the anguish he caused me. I know some others on this board have had to deal with thieves and I hope my story gives assurance to others.

Thanks again to everyone for all the good suggestions and comments. I think it helped to catch this guy...... and besides after re-reading this thing it does make a pretty compelling thread. laugh.gif

Congratulations, and I hope you get your $1000 back.

I asked about the remaining books but all I got was the stock answer "we don't have any record of recovering them".

Right now I'm whole on the books from my insurance company and I had pretty much given up on ever hearing anything or seeing anything from this guy.

Maybe those of you who said he won't cough it up are right but if he doesn't then his only other option will be to not make any money? That doesn't sound too reasonable considering the guy is 26 years old. He may be a loser but doesn't he have to have a W-2 (meaning a job) or he'll violate his probation and then won't that mean jail time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We'll see what happens. I'll post when I hear from da' coppers.

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd wrap this long running thread up by letting everyone know what has happened. The guy who broke into my home and stole my books was caught and has just recently been caught and is now being convicted. I have agreed to let him plea bargain as long as he pays me restitution for the books that I didn't get back. It's not official yet but he'll pay me $1,000 in restitution and then will get probation and some kind of community service according to the lady in the D.A's office who called me. It only took the Memphis police department 11 months to get this guy caught and in court <sarcasm>. All in all I feel fortunate that I'll get some payback for all the anguish he caused me. I know some others on this board have had to deal with thieves and I hope my story gives assurance to others.

Thanks again to everyone for all the good suggestions and comments. I think it helped to catch this guy...... and besides after re-reading this thing it does make a pretty compelling thread. laugh.gif

thumbsup2.gif