• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm 300 dilima...

39 posts in this topic

so i sent off a ASM 300 my first submission to CGC and not really knowing how graded books worked. i spent $145 on ebay for this book raw. and it came back a 7.5.

so i bought the grader notes to learn more of how grading works and what to look for when buying raw books.

so with that said what would you do with the book? sell it? how much?where?ebay? or do i crack the case and sell it raw or keep it? i have an ASM 300 9.4 also.just wanted to get some advice for this board. I've learned a lot on these forums already.

thanks for any and all advice!!!

If I wanted it, I'd keep it. Otherwise I'd sell it. Do you want it?

If you're gonna sell it, leave it graded. Comics don't always sell for more graded, but they often do. And buyers will have a lot more confidence in the grade that way. Unless of course you want to crack it and sell as a 9.8. In that case, eBay is definitely the place!! lol

If I wanted it, I'd keep it. Otherwise I'd sell it. Do you want it?

If you're gonna sell it, leave it graded. Comics don't always sell for more graded, but they often do. And buyers will have a lot more confidence in the grade that way. Unless of course you want to crack it and sell as a 9.8. In that case, eBay is definitely the place!! lol

hahaaha thats funny about selling it on ebay as a 9.8 raw!!! a local guy on craiglist in st louis listed a raw ASM 300 as a 9.7! i looked it up...no such thing!

[font:Book Antiqua]

* Try to sell locally, that way you don't pay fees to eBay or PayPal

and buyer is willing to spend a little more since he don't have to pay shipping cost.

* Try to get a nice scan at high resolutions,

an image worth bla bla bla and all that

* Whatever you lose consider it a lesson.

We all have been there...

[/font]

2c

Better question, why did you buy it? Did you buy it to keep? Flip it? Did you think it would grade higher than the 9.4? If so, why?

was just looking for a copy. and thought id check out the CGC route since i was interested in it for awhile and subbed a few books and sent this one in