• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm 300 dilima...

39 posts in this topic

Not looking for sympathy. Just got it back in the last couple of weeks and its not for sale. This isnt the for sale thread , is it? (shrug) I am not a seller or flipper. I have only sold two or three books in the last 25 yrs. Those books were responses to the WTB thread. So i will enjoy it! (thumbs u

Not looking for sympathy. Just got it back in the last couple of weeks and its not for sale. This isnt the for sale thread , is it? (shrug) I am not a seller or flipper. I have only sold two or three books in the last 25 yrs. Those books were responses to the WTB thread. So i will enjoy it! (thumbs u

Either way, you don't have to justify it.

Sorry man, I hope my comment wasn't taken too harshly. I'm kinda like a hippo with my words...not very delicate lol.

It really is a great book you got there.

Sorry man, I hope my comment wasn't taken too harshly. I'm kinda like a hippo with my words...not very delicate lol.

It really is a great book you got there.

we are good :foryou:

Or, hang onto it for a year and likely sell it for what you've got into it. Just tuck it away so you don't have to look at it, pull it out after Marvel options the Venom game show or whatever and you'll recoup.

It would help to know what your intention was in getting it graded. No question it's grade was less than you'd hoped which stinks, but your original question was "what should I do with it?"... and it's pretty hard to answer that without knowing what your original intent was to do with it. I mean, if it was just to preserve it and put it in your collection then the valuation didn't change that. And even if your intention was to get a professional grade so you could set an appropriate price and sell it..,, you did that. It's less than you wanted, sure, but you got your answer.

So...I go back to...what was the reason to get it graded in the first place?

And as others have said, long term, no worries on this book. You still have a nice book that a lot of people would like in their collection!

It would help to know what your intention was in getting it graded. No question it's grade was less than you'd hoped which stinks, but your original question was "what should I do with it?"... and it's pretty hard to answer that without knowing what your original intent was to do with it. I mean, if it was just to preserve it and put it in your collection then the valuation didn't change that. And even if your intention was to get a professional grade so you could set an appropriate price and sell it..,, you did that. It's less than you wanted, sure, but you got your answer.

So...I go back to...what was the reason to get it graded in the first place?

And as others have said, long term, no worries on this book. You still have a nice book that a lot of people would like in their collection!

My intention was to just send it with the other books I had graded at the time. I own a ASM 300 9.4. I had an extra one which got the 7.5. I was just wondering what would be the best route to take with the book. Open it keep it sell it? I wasn't trying to flip the book.

How about keeping it? It is afterall a great book.

If your main objective was to make a huge profit then I have no sympathy for you.

Was not trying to flip as I said I have a 9.4 already. I just sent it in with my first submission to CGC

Hey at least you have grade notes I have a real dilemma multiple cgc that are graded sub 9.8 with no grader notes available. That being said when the time comes to sell because you need money you sell the 9.4. and keep the lower grade for your personal collection it's a great book to have.