• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official I Hate Woodgod Thread

59 posts in this topic

Woodgod is an artificial being created through advanced genetic engineering techniques, and possesses superhuman strength, as well as a superhuman resistance to chemical toxins. Woodgod has mastered advanced methods of genetic engineering that enabled him to create the Changelings.

Woodgod resembles the Greek mythological half-man half-goat, forest god Pan.

Playing his flute will woo many beautiful women. That is my only reason I dislike Woodgod - half man half goat.

Who is his arch-enemy?

Flaccid Man

255254-116487-codpiece.jpg

That looks like another Liefeld masterpiece

Nah, distinct lack of pouches

And feet clearly shown.

I can see why women flee.

Sort of reminds me of the scene in the movie Hancock. When he gets off it punches holes in his trailer roof. Next you see the girl running out of his trailer...

Woodgod is not the lamest character ever. I nominate Brother Voodoo.

???

Gotta admit, you may have just ruined my day. I'll assume you've seen him in guest appearances, and not featured in Strange Tales, where he was masterfully drawn by Gene Colan...

A lame character drawn by a master can still be a lame character

Beat me to it. I own the Strange Tales books and consider 169 something of a Bronze Age classic. Like DC's Brother Power the Geek a few years earlier, collectible because of epic badness.

Fred Hembeck has remarked that Marvel let him spoof and make fun of Brother Voodoo because it was a character no one cared about.

It's going to be deliciously ironic if marvel decides to put Woodgod in a movie and then watch all the naysayers pony up big bucks for Marvel Premiere 31.

If it could happen with Rocket Raccoon, it could happen with any character