• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ETSY for comics??

27 posts in this topic

Does anyone have anything to say about selling comics on Etsy? Good or bad?

I am hearing interesting things about them. They have a rule that collectible items must be at least 20 years old, but I see comic guys selling all kinds of stuff. I just wonder if it is worth it to expand from an eBay store onto another platform.

If there is already a thread about this, I would appreciate a link (for all those that can actually search this site successfully).

I have never heard of ETSY

I am currently not high

That is all....

Extremely well known among 'crafter' types. Never bought a comic off of there, never even really thought about it. Only times I've ever used it was to buy something my girlfriend wanted - I receive random links in IM with a 'Oh I like this' and I know what that means.

I am currently not high

That is all....

Extremely well known among 'crafter' types. Never bought a comic off of there, never even really thought about it. Only times I've ever used it was to buy something my girlfriend wanted - I receive random links in IM with a 'Oh I like this' and I know what that means.

Can we get a link to this craft extravaganza? :shy:

I am currently not high

That is all....

Look at this stupid girl with her stupid crafts

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/scarffaces

I am currently not high

That is all....

Etsy

Get a free store of your own to list your comics, toys, sports stuff, etc at this site.

I am currently not high

That is all....

Look at this stupid girl with her stupid crafts

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/scarffaces

That's Kristen Bell.

Does anyone have anything to say about selling comics on Etsy? Good or bad?

I am hearing interesting things about them. They have a rule that collectible items must be at least 20 years old, but I see comic guys selling all kinds of stuff. I just wonder if it is worth it to expand from an eBay store onto another platform.

If there is already a thread about this, I would appreciate a link (for all those that can actually search this site successfully).

I heard about ETSY about 3 years ago and was told it was going to be the next big thing.

I looked at it once or twice (back in 2011) and haven't since. Might keep an eye on it.

Don't be the tool listing GFT variants on Esty.

People sell comics on there, they tend to be self published and even home printed/handbound art comics and zines. That's what people look for on Esty. There are more than enough places to sell your modern speculator drek, aren't there? I've heard good things about eBay, Clink, Heritage, here, Craigslist, conventions, and pretty much every other place online and off that comics are sold. The people who look for handmade items go to Esty so they don't have to root through the everywhere else, why litter their site with more of the same?

I am currently not high

That is all....

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Corkor?ref=shop_sugg

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WalnutStudiolo?ref=related-shop-31&ga_search_query=leather+bike&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Those are my two favorite stores.

Etsy is a pretty cool site. I haven't bought comics from there but I don't think I would completely rule it out. Etsy is just a different community and while they have tons of comic related items, I almost feel that comic books themselves would be out of place. I think it would be more weird than good or bad. The seller would really influence whether or not the purchase was good or bad. Kind of like Reddit, you can get comics there too but it just seems out of place :shrug:

Thanks everyone for the input. I sure don't plan anything near term, but it is an interesting site for vintage goods.

By the way, I was not suggesting selling "modern drek" there. That seems silly. But it might be a good place for pulps or older cool material.

For fun, I did do a search for Watchmen comics, and was surprised to see a bunch for sale there, and some that had actually sold??? Not exactly a "vintage paper good" in my opinion. Seems people buy what they want wherever they find it.

I've always considered Etsy a place for handmade crafts, knitted items, jewelry, etc. Here's an Etsy store I like. Too bad nothing has been listed in a while.

The vintage item sellers seem to have expanded over the last few years, but I've never thought to look for comics there.