• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC on Facebook

95 posts in this topic

Hey Fellow Comic Collectors and Dealers,

CGC is now on Facebook and we are doing big things in Social Media. We would love for everyone that is on the boards to bring their knowledge, passion, and intensity for comics over to our Facebook page. We are monitoring it all the time and will answer questions and interact with posts you make. We want to know what you are thinking, pictures of new books you received, we want to be involved with what is going on with the largest group of collectors in the industry. Come follow our page and we really look forward to seeing what you will all bring to the table.

https://www.facebook.com/CGCcomics

Sorry to burst your bubble, Brittany...

But, you guys have had that page on Facebook for years.

Here's m thread to draw up interest of it way back when.

Do You "Like" CGC? From what I saw at the beginning, it was just a majority of posts of the "good 'ol book of the day".

Instead of posting pics of you guys at cons, talking with customers, talking about your hobbies (I don't know? Making beer, collecting Nancy Drew books or being a ninja master... something!). You guys did nothing, that showed your personalities to bond with members on here and just appeared to look like a faceless corporation, just out to grade 3 million books.

Facebook's for friends and family. You guys chose to be nothing but a service at the time and now you want to us to share with you... now? (shrug)

Welcome to the boards by the way.

It's Friday Night, folks! :whee:

CGC is now on Facebook and we are doing big things in Social Media. We would love for everyone that is on the boards to bring their knowledge, passion, and intensity for comics over to our Facebook page. We are monitoring it all the time and will answer questions and interact with posts you make. We want to know what you are thinking, pictures of new books you received, we want to be involved with what is going on with the largest group of collectors in the industry. Come follow our page and we really look forward to seeing what you will all bring to the table.

Do You "Like" CGC? From what I saw at the beginning, it was just a majority of posts of the "good 'ol book of the day".

Instead of posting pics of you guys at cons, talking with customers, talking about your hobbies (I don't know? Making beer, collecting Nancy Drew books or being a ninja master... something!). You guys did nothing, that showed your personalities to bond with members on here and just appeared to look like a faceless corporation, just out to grade 3 million books.

Facebook's for friends and family. You guys chose to be nothing but a service at the time and now you want to us to share with you... now? (shrug)

(tsk)(tsk)(tsk)

(shrug)

(shrug)

...and I'll double your (shrug) (shrug) on what point you are trying to get across.

Feels like :baiting: to me, but I'll just say,

From what I got from her original post was that they are trying social media again after they failed before (imho) and they were ignoring that fact. What's to say they won't blow it off again, due to lack of interest, being too busy or even laziness was my original point. For me, maybe not you (you might go to more conventions than me or actually have personal phone numbers), I really know absolutely nothing about the people that work there being as isolated as I am. I'm not asking for family or wedding pictures or really seriously personal stuff, but something hobby-comic related to associate with them before I would consider sharing my "CGC Happy Moments" with them too. Is that more clearer?

I'll admit, I always wanted to say "It's Friday Night" on a Friday again though. It's where I felt this thread was going before my post.

I wonder what the next domino to fall will be. We've had expanded tier and now social media. I'm hoping they decide to "now improve TAT's" because they want to be an industry leader......blah blah blah

Well, let's see.....

They could do away with BS fees like submission forms, graders notes, etc.

They could make the tiers less expensive.

They could make membership free.

They could make their submission process easier.

They could put graders notes on the back of the label.

They could improve their Quality Control.

They could be more engaging to the people that buy their product.

They could actually get books back to people in their stated TATs, or be open, transparent, and honest when things go wrong.

They could pay for return shipping on any defective slabs and offer "heavy discounts" on current and future submissions.

They could actually participate in the promotion of this great hobby, like say, by attending the High Grade Collectors' Meeting in Atlanta Sept. 28th and speaking to their customers.

Oh, there's much more, but we don't want to overwhelm CGC too much right away. Let's see how long it takes them to get started on these suggestions. Maybe they can be proactive and get it done before someone else comes along and does it.

:)

(shrug)

...and I'll double your (shrug) (shrug) on what point you are trying to get across.

From what I got from her original post was that they are trying social media again after they failed before (imho) and they were ignoring that fact. What's to say they won't blow it off again, due to lack of interest, being too busy or even laziness was my original point. For me, maybe not you (you might go to more conventions than me or actually have personal phone numbers), I really know absolutely nothing about the people that work there being as isolated as I am. I'm not asking for family or wedding pictures or really seriously personal stuff, but something hobby-comic related to associate with them before I would consider sharing my "CGC Happy Moments" with them too. Is that more clearer?

I'll admit, I always wanted to say "It's Friday Night" on a Friday again though. It's where I felt this thread was going before my post.

I'm just saying Brittany had me fooled into thinking this CGC FB page was a new thing. That's all. :)

Brittany!!!!!11

I'm still not drawing a picture or singing a song.

(shrug)

I'm just saying Brittany had me fooled into thinking this CGC FB page was a new thing. That's all. :)

That message was most likely approved by management.

Go easy on Brit, she's cool. (thumbs u