• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink raw grading

18 posts in this topic

There may need to be a clarification here as we may be discussing two different things.

To CC: are you referring to raw books on their exchange or the ones in their auctions?

My understanding is there's a difference between the two: the books in their auctions get looked over by Clink employees, whereas the books on the exchange are graded by the individual consigner or by Clink if the consigners pay a higher percentage of the sale. I don't think there's any indication as to which is which on the exchange.

When I first read this I assumed CC was referring to the raws at auction.

I don't have personal experience buying any, but there was a couple of raw Metamorpho lots a few months ago I bid on and lost. JSCOMICS won them and listed them on eBay a month or so later. They were all listed in about the same grade range as Clink, though I think JS tends to be a bit soft on there grades. Take it for what it's worth.

There may need to be a clarification here as we may be discussing two different things.

To CC: are you referring to raw books on their exchange or the ones in their auctions?

My understanding is there's a difference between the two: the books in their auctions get looked over by Clink employees, whereas the books on the exchange are graded by the individual consigner or by Clink if the consigners pay a higher percentage of the sale. I don't think there's any indication as to which is which on the exchange.

I don't have personal experience buying any, but there was a couple of raw Metamorpho lots a few months ago I bid on and lost. JSCOMICS won them and listed them on eBay a month or so later. They were all listed in about the same grade range as Clink, though I think JS tends to be a bit soft on there grades. Take it for what it's worth.

JSComics is a great grader. I won about 100 books from them. Only one book was overgraded and was returned. About 35 books were submitted then 33 of 35 were right on the nose and 2 books were graded by one or two above their estimated grades. They are great. What is the most amazing about them? They NEVER send a single copy to CGC!

Serious question:

Has anyone purchased raw books from Comiclink and if so, hows their grading?

If you want to PM your experiences, it would be most appreciated

As with any reputable company that sells raws. I would imagine that the have a solid return policy that gives you sufficient time to look it over. Don't matter what they call it, it should only matter what you call it. Simply send it back. people be disagreeing about grades for decades. They wont screw you.

JSComics is a great grader. I won about 100 books from them. Only one book was overgraded and was returned. About 35 books were submitted then 33 of 35 were right on the nose and 2 books were graded by one or two above their estimated grades. They are great. What is the most amazing about them? They NEVER send a single copy to CGC!

Well, like I said, that's just been my experience - which isn't a whole lot since their stuff seems to go for a premium.

I will say this: all those Harvey titles they list seem to be pretty tightly graded. Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for any of those. Come to think of it, the one book I was really happy with from them was a Whitman.

But when it comes to DC and Marvel, my experience wasn't so good. But maybe I just happened to hit them on an off day.

We returned most of our purchases from them, and have since not bothered bid on their auctions.

I consigned a very large run of Daredevils through CLInk. Several of the duplicates wound up in lots, and I thought there grading quite good. Yes, it was the 'averages vf" kind of grading, but having owned the books, I knew what they were selling. ANd since my grading is spot on, there's must be too! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I sent CL a raw book for their auction, and they said they would guarantee a grade of 5.5. We decided to shoot for a CGC opinion and when the book was graded it came back a 5.5...pretty consistent.

So for auction purposes, anyway, I think they grade well.

Dan

I bought a raw 9.4 from exchange. When clink received book to ship to me, they alerted me book was at best a 8.5 and asked if I wanted to cancel sale. Which I did, of course. So I suspect they review raw exchange books too?

I bought a raw 9.4 from exchange. When clink received book to ship to me, they alerted me book was at best a 8.5 and asked if I wanted to cancel sale. Which I did, of course. So I suspect they review raw exchange books too?
(thumbs u