• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small amount of color-touch on back of book...what % of value decrease?

10 posts in this topic

I've got a Golden Age book that looks amazing on the front cover, but unfortunately on the back has three places where some very minor creasing along the edges/corner was "covered up" by some pretty obvious crappily-done color-touch...the blues don't match at all as the CT is a much lighter blue than the cover.

What kind-of value decrease am I looking at due to the CT? 25%? 50%?

Any experience or opinions would be welcomed, thanks.

Peace,

Chip

My scanner's not hooked up right now as I'm bagging/boarding that big collection I got in last week. It's Animal Comics #11 from 1944. I haven't scrutinized the book for the exact grade yet, but it's higher grade.

Let me see if I can snap a few quick pics with my phone and e-mail them to myself.

Peace,

Chip

Totally amateur!

You knew there are few CT before you acquired it?

The problem is that Economy Tier is $35 excluded the shipping/handling fees. CCS may not able to remove CT but it will cost you more money.

It may cost more than what you bought this copy. Just keep it. You may never know it will be more valued in future.