• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #132: MUST READ

79 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

For anyone doubting TWD's ability to say new and fresh after so many issues, I just want to say that issue #132 should alleviate this perception.

Personally, it's hard to have an objective opinion of the series. Truly, it is. I just want to be clear when I say that this issue is a huge step in the RIGHT direction for a Horror title.

The zombie plague is cured and they all get jobs as accountants? (shrug)

I work for the largest accounting firm in the world. We're not zombies.

That's an awesome issue.

Read the whole thing in 3 minutes. Waiting another 30 days :(

There's 2 this month. :banana:

Woah.

So a whole six minutes?

If that's keeping people happy these days, I need to return to picking up chicks.

It's a quick read Nick but it's good. :gossip: I really hate to sound like a bandwagon guy but i've liked the WD run the entire time. Some parts have been much better than others but it's kept me engaged which is more than I can say for most titles since the 1970s.

That's an awesome issue.

Woah.

So a whole six minutes?

If that's keeping people happy these days, I need to return to picking up chicks.

It's a quick read Nick but it's good. :gossip: I really hate to sound like a bandwagon guy but i've liked the WD run the entire time. Some parts have been much better than others but it's kept me engaged which is more than I can say for most titles since the 1970s.

All the panels are drawn perfectly - not much dialogue is needed.

@Nick - use your extensive comic book knowledge to wow chicks. Let us know how that works out. ;)

It's interesting because I don't see it as repetitive. I am drawn to the different characters that Kirkman creates. Sure, the zombies and the big bully thing is rehashed but the stories were really good. I agree AOW was a let down. I like what they did with Negan but it was too hyped up.

That's an awesome issue.

Woah.

So a whole six minutes?

+1

The book remains consistently good. It has highs and lows, but just about every series has a similar problem.

It's interesting because I don't see it as repetitive. I am drawn to the different characters that Kirkman creates. Sure, the zombies and the big bully thing is rehashed but the stories were really good. I agree AOW was a let down. I like what they did with Negan but it was too hyped up.

What will they do with Negan next? Therein lies the intrigue.

after 80 issues of nothing happening or the same thing happening over and over i gave up after all out war.

Oops, #127 (1st issue after AOW which I agree was mostly all out bore) did go in a brand new direction and now, a new storyline starts which seems promising.

What will they do with Negan next? Therein lies the intrigue.

That is literally the only thing keeping me remotely interested in TWD at the moment (by which I mean reading about it, not actually buying issues).

Must read??? based on the initial posters hype I bought 2 of these expecting something very great/disturbing (like when they killed glen or rick lost his hand, or carl got shot and......meh!! i read the link to explain the significance of the issue and still think meh!! Maybe i'm just too dense!!! I'll have to ck with my son whose collection this is and see what he thinks. But I won't be buying 2 of this series again