• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed due to lack of interest.

11 posts in this topic

This sales thread is going to be set up a little differently that any I’ve seen before. It’s going to be essentially set up like a white elephant gift exchange. I’ve posted pictures of ten individual boxes of books which shows exactly what is contained in each box.

I’m selling a box for $150 apiece and once all ten are purchased I’ll put together a couple PM threads where the action will take place. The $150 includes shipping except if your an international buyer. I'll subsidize $10 of the international shipping cost but any extra will be an extra. I accept Paypal payments.

The boxes will be mixed up and arranged into a random order for the ten participants to pick from. Picking order will be determined by a U-Tube drawing. So for those that have not done a “white elephant” exchange before - the first person will pick a number which corresponds to a mystery box. The contents of that box become know and your box.

The second person then can “steal” your box or chose to pick another box. If your box is stolen then you get the option of stealing someone else’s box or pick an unknown box. You can not re-steal a box that was just stolen from you. And you can only steal a box from each person once. That prevents people from having a circular stealing cituation and it makes you picky when you decide to steal from a person.

I have picked the contents of the boxes to make sure none of the boxes is a clear “prize” and there are several “key” books scattered in pretty much every box so you will receive a nice book (s) no matter which box you receive. I have shown each book which will be contained in the boxes to make sure I adhere to all the new rules for these type of sales. A lot more information is given with this type of sale compared to a mystery box sale so I hope there will be no issues. You will have up to 12 hours to pick a box or a random box will be selected for you so this will allow for time zone differences and international buyers. I’m hoping to start this up on next Monday but we can start sooner if it sells out quickly and everyone is cool with it.

I’m sure there will be some strategy involved and a lot of trash talking is to be expected. I’ll pretty much mix up the boxes and let the participants determine what boxes go to whom. I think it will be so much fun that I wish I could be involved. Here are the book which will be in each box.

Box A:

P1010580_zps2600204e.jpg

Box B:

P1010582_zps2dec21c3.jpg

Box C:

P1010583_zps12d5c8ab.jpg

Box D:

P1010581_zps6c5ebb19.jpg

Box E:

P1010584_zps2258d24f.jpg

Box F:

P1010585_zps12be3d26.jpg

Box G:

P1010586_zps3bc96b9b.jpg

Box H:

P1010587_zps76454932.jpg

Box I:

P1010589_zps88977447.jpg

Box J:

P1010588_zps3cef0965.jpg

The grade for the "key" books in the boxes is listed below:

Amazing Spiderman 129 - GD+

Fantastic Four 48 - GD

Fantastic Four 45 - FN/VF with a couple small color touch spots on spine which possible could be removed

Spiderman 50 - GD/VG

X-Men 39 - VF/NM

Iron Fist 14 - FN/VF

Tales of Suspense 57 - GD/VG

Spiderman 101 (FN/VF) - Spiderman 102 (VF+)

Conan 1 - VF

Silver Surfer 3 - VF-

Please let me know if you need scans and I'll post them up. I thought this would be a fun, different way to sell some key books.

Are buyers limited to one box? Are items pictured the only items included?

No - people can grab as many spots as they want. It may give them a slight advantage when picking but that's what you get when you pony up the big cash.

Items shown in the pictures will be the only items in the box.

I wanted to buy one of the boxes but I will have to pass. Interesting idea but I don't do eBay draws and I like to know what I am getting.

Ok.

All ten spots will need to be sold for this to happen. I'll close this thread down tomorrow if there is no interest - I'm getting a few offers for the key books so I will just go that route.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained. I was thinking of doing one with the New Mutants 98 I just picked up for $150 but then the thread would get shut down because there is a "winner".

It's too bad this didn't catch on, it seemed like it would have been a fun, and affordable way to grab a couple of cool keys with some extra goodies added in. Looked like there was a nice variety as well, with a little something for everybody.

Well as others have, I give the OP credit anyway for trying to mix things up a little in the sales forum. Now that he's introduced the concept, maybe people will be a little more adventurous next time. (thumbs u

-J.