• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had $400 and were after a Darkseid app which one would you choose?

$400 on Darkseid  

330 members have voted

1. 1. $400 on Darkseid

52 posts in this topic

If Jimmy Olsen #134 is considered his first appearance, then Forever People #1 isn't even his second appearance. Jimmy Olsen #135 is Darkseid's 2nd appearance (also a cameo). Forever People #1 would be his third appearance and New Gods #1 is his 4th appearance.

Peace,

Chip

Neither. FP #1 is a pretty weak appearance as well and not really a "full" or meaningful one. Fourth World titles don't really get things going with Darkseid until New Gods #2.

If I had $400 I would probably by complete mid grade runs of all the Jack Kirby Fourth world titles. I love Darksied but spending a bunch of money for his first appearance is kind of silly to me. To each their own of course.

Why is Jimmy Olsen more expensive? Smaller print run?

FP1 is definitely more common, but JO134 is Darkseid's first appearance regardless of how lame it is both in general and compared to his first full appearance. JO134 also has a Neal Adams cover, which can't hurt.

Census #'s show the JO 134 is much tougher in ultra high grade. If its about Darkseid and only Darkseid, Forever People #1 hands down. However, JO 134 is less common and has the cooler cover. I voted FP #1 on the poll and with my wallet. Id also leave enough room in the budget to buy a nice New Gods #2, which is the first Darkseid cover as well as what might be considered his origin issue.

I'll make the case for JO 134, just for fun: whether it is a cameo or not, it is the first reveal of Darkseid, as in the first time readers are let in on the fact that Clark Kent's new boss is working for an alien warlord of some type. Even the odd coloring adds to its historical appeal: was this an error by the colorist, or instead a case of Kirby changing his mind?

For the life of me I can't understand how seeing Darkseid on a T.V. screen is a first appearance. Yet Hulk 180 is a cameo?

So my pick is Forever People #1

Hulk 180 is his first appearance as far as I am concerned. No matter what people and the mighty CGC say. Someday they may see the error of there ways.

Forever People # 1 for me as well.

No, Marvel Premiere #19 is Wolverine's 1st appearance, he is shown on the same page as the Thor Series A #6 Marvel Value Stamp.