• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGMyBrothers Hulk 1 - COVER POSTED

21 posts in this topic

Harumph! No front cover scan from my brother. Too busy, it seems. Well, anyone want to hazard a guess by what they can see of the rest? The front cover missing pieces are obvious from the inside cover picture. In addition, the front cover has a first and last name scrawled all across the Title, very obviously, and a Stan Lee autograph which may or may not be real. How about it? If you knew only as much about the comic as shown in the original post and were considering purchasing it, how would you grade it?

I'd say 1.0. Here is my 1.8 for comparison - from the outside it looks a lot better and I have no idea what's going on inside as I bought it slabbed and never purchased grader notes. There is nothing noted on the label other white pages. I'd have to think your brother's would come in lower but I am constantly surprised by some CGC grades so (shrug)

And I don't have a back cover scan handy but it is clean as well.

2311121947431.jpg

I'd say 1.0. Here is my 1.8 for comparison - from the outside it looks a lot better and I have no idea what's going on inside as I bought it slabbed and never purchased grader notes. There is nothing noted on the label other white pages. I'd have to think your brother's would come in lower but I am constantly surprised by some CGC grades so (shrug)

And I don't have a back cover scan handy but it is clean as well.

2311121947431.jpg

They were really harsh on this one. Was there a bad spine split? Looks like a 2.5

They were really harsh on this one. Was there a bad spine split? Looks like a 2.5

Not that I can see. I'm guessing pages torn inside but I really don't want to shell out $ for possibly meager notes.

Very decent looking lower grade copy, barring hidden defects, it certainly looks nicer than 1.8.

As for the OPs copy, tough to say with certainty without cover pix, but no more than 1.5 from what I can tell.

Actually looks a little better than I expected. The Stan Lee sig looks legit, too bad Dan Peterson got tired of his friends stealing his comics and felt the need to brand them so obviously.

I'm still going with 1.5, but with confidence.

I'm going to have to say 1.0. Too much paper loss on the front cover that has nothing to do with the marvel chipping. Cover looks barely attached and almost brittle. Interior pages look nice though. The book will also be hit for the apparent moisture damage. All that said, it's still a hulk 1! (thumbs u

-J.

I'm still going with 1.5, but with confidence.

1.5 is my guess too, but even a 1.8 (with a bit of a 'key bump') wouldn't shock me. Even with the multitude of flaws, the cover inks are bold and the image area is pretty clean. I think 1.0 is a touch too low, but who knows.

1.0-1.5

I think it will come back PLOD. The owners scrawl is one thing but the Stan Lee might been seen differently. Although I would love to see it come back blue for you!