• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dynamite expands AE line: Simonson's BSG, Vampirella and John Carter

16 posts in this topic

I wonder if the high end collectors are being contacted left and right from AE publishers looking to get the scans and lock in a deal for future AE books. (shrug)

Any boardies been contact by publishers looking to make a deal?

I have a few Simonson BSG pages and haven't heard a peep.

Don't know which issues they're selecting, so they may not need my stuff.

Klaus inked every issue that Walt pencilled, I think; so they'll need some collector help for tracking down Klaus's pages at some point.

I have had a hard time getting any AEs not done by IDW. They started it, and I feel some weird loyalty. Plus, they have so many I still want (have 8 now) that I can buy IDW and know I am getting quality.

That said, I have the Thor and am getting the Manhunter Sunday at NYCC, but are people clamoring for Simonson's BSG?

That said, I have the Thor and am getting the Manhunter Sunday at NYCC, but are people clamoring for Simonson's BSG?

A fine point. Probably his least demanded title, artwork-wise. Maybe this would change that...

I have had a hard time getting any AEs not done by IDW. They started it, and I feel some weird loyalty. Plus, they have so many I still want (have 8 now) that I can buy IDW and know I am getting quality.

Fwiw, Walt jokingly noted on his Facebook page that it was his goal to get every page of art he ever produced into an AE volume.

I'm guessing his is something of low-hanging fruit for publishers because he's got a loyal fanbase, and access to all of his art.

Expands, does this mean that they have already published other books in the line and what are their titles thanks.
All I could find on Dynamite's website were these two:

Frank Thorne's Red Sonja 'Art Edition' HC, Vol. 1 + Vol. 2

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C1606904442

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C1606904752

Dunno if there are any more titles ?

Hope This Helps.

(Translation: When is a Preacher AE in the works?)

I was more curious if there is a mad scramble by publishers looking to lock in the next hot AE edition.

IDW has clearly established that their is a market for these books and other publishers have noticed and jumped on the bandwagon. So, I expect they are looking at the 'classic story lines' and trying to get those under contract before the other guy does.

I think a PREACHER AE edition is a LOOOONG ways off.

I hope not. I'd love to see a Preacher AE.

You know what I love about Preacher originals?....

The little notes Ennis(?) writes for the letterer (these crack me up!):

PREACHER.jpg

I hope not. I'd love to see a Preacher AE.

You know what I love about Preacher originals?....

The little notes Ennis(?) writes for the letterer (these crack me up!):

PREACHER.jpg

hmm.. that can't be Ennnis. I don't see the OA going from the penciller, to the inker, then to the writer then to the letterer!

I'm guessing its the editor, especially since the letters are pasted on, meaning they were changed.

Malvin

I feel that same kind of loyalty, too! :grin:

Still, competition and variety can only be good for collectors. hm

Didn't really care for Marvel's Movie and TV-inspired titles (with the exception of Star Wars), so will give Battlestar Galactica a miss (the TV series wasn't that good to begin with). Always seemed to me that Marvel liked to jump on the bandwagon with these kind of spin-off comic-books . . .