• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best NYCC 2014

56 posts in this topic

Not much time left. My odds aren't good....

X-23 has boobs

More popular character than G.I. Joe's Firefly

X-23 is in color

It's the same artist too, so it's not like I get the Atkins's fan vote.

It's all good though, I love my sketch. Just have a feeling I'm going to get creamed. :eek:lol

Thanks for the votes, though I wish the "boob comments" would stop. It's not like Atkins drew a sexy or revealing sketch, so what's the deal? Any comic book art featuring a female character is automatically of less artistic value?

Thanks for the votes, though I wish the "boob comments" would stop. It's not like Atkins drew a sexy or revealing sketch, so what's the deal? Any comic book art featuring a female character is automatically of less artistic value?

lol

Wow! Touchy!

It came down to color more than anything else I think the details in the Firefly really s stand out. I think bw have a disadvantage sometimes in these competitions.

I would agree with this. I know I've been tempted by color and I end up thinking I'm just doing that to improve my odds of winning. That said in my voting I kept in mind I had seen the X-23 pre coloring, and it was just as awesome then. I've got one from Rob in progress, and I chose to keep it B&W, hard not to change my mind seeing this finished project, but I still love looking at my Banks and it's not color, so I think I'm going to start focussing more on stopping at inks, but we'll see.

Not at all. It has nothing to do with artistic value, it's just an observation that female characters vs. male characters have an advantage with the voters here on the boards. Nothing more.

I think Atkins did a hell of a job on your cover!!! I stated that as well, that your cover was awesome. (thumbs u

Not at all. It has nothing to do with artistic value, it's just an observation that female characters vs. male characters have an advantage with the voters here on the boards. Nothing more.

I think Atkins did a hell of a job on your cover!!! I stated that as well, that your cover was awesome. (thumbs u

Exactly. (thumbs u