• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros. Investor Meeting: Future movie titles confirmed...

50 posts in this topic

Cyborg gets his own movie and GL reboot nearly 6 years from now?? Does WB really have to stretch it out like this?

I will say this: this is good for the hobby, in that WB is not "dumping" 3 to 4 movies a year to go head to head with Marvel properties. That would lead to over-saturation, driving viewers away and causing studios to scrap projects. So I guess this slow wait over the next 5+ years is probably good.

Having a movie line decided by an investor meeting doesn't sound very promising at this point, especially if DC is trying to catch a runaway Marvel movie machine. Her's hoping by 2020 they've knocked it out of the park.

Yeah this news story screams of, "Please don't give up on us yet..."

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but this would have been a much more impressive announcement if they'd already put out a quality crossover film and built on that so that they could move from one strength to another. Trying to leapfrog off of a few solo movies (a few which weren't great at all) really is a reach IMO.

And losing Christopher Nolan is a big loss. He puts out monster films that are always larger than expected.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were terrific but those movies were already based on existing, extremely succesful print stories. He did a terrific job of transferring them to film but was not as impressive with a fresh -script. DC is hanging a lot of respinsibility on Snyder right now. I hope he flourishes.

What DC needs to do is think about a good movie now, not a dozen mediocre ones later.

Snyder will always be aces in my book for giving us that excellent Dawn of the Dead remake. :cloud9:

Whereas my son, who is attending his first year of film school (and trying to be the next George Romero) will never forgive him for.

Jim

Cyborg gets his own movie and GL reboot nearly 6 years from now?? Does WB really have to stretch it out like this?

I will say this: this is good for the hobby, in that WB is not "dumping" 3 to 4 movies a year to go head to head with Marvel properties. That would lead to over-saturation, driving viewers away and causing studios to scrap projects. So I guess this slow wait over the next 5+ years is probably good.

I'm bummed about having to wait until 2020 to get a (hopefully) good GL movie. Here's hoping most of the film takes place in outer space, where it belongs. :wishluck:

Having a movie line decided by an investor meeting doesn't sound very promising at this point, especially if DC is trying to catch a runaway Marvel movie machine. Her's hoping by 2020 they've knocked it out of the park.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but this would have been a much more impressive announcement if they'd already put out a quality crossover film and built on that so that they could move from one strength to another. Trying to leapfrog off of a few solo movies (a few which weren't great at all) really is a reach IMO.

And losing Christopher Nolan is a big loss. He puts out monster films that are always larger than expected.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were terrific but those movies were already based on existing, extremely succesful print stories. He did a terrific job of transferring them to film but was not as impressive with a fresh -script. DC is hanging a lot of respinsibility on Snyder right now. I hope he flourishes.

What DC needs to do is think about a good movie now, not a dozen mediocre ones later.

Snyder will always be aces in my book for giving us that excellent Dawn of the Dead remake. :cloud9:

Whereas my son, who is attending his first year of film school (and trying to be the next George Romero) will never forgive him for.

Jim

I love the original as much as the next guy, but I thought the remake was great. Remake may not be the right term, as they only shared a title and setting. But still, a very fun film that may have helped jump start the zombie craze that's still around today.

I like the Flash casting from an acting standpoint. He's talented.

Great choice. He is 22 now, and he will draw younger Millenials in to the theatres. He was outstanding in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

Like Ms. Gadot, he will need to get acquainted with protein.

lol From the thread title I almost thought this was a comic speculator thread...

I'm excited about the line up! If I told my ten year old self about everything that's happening in comics now in TV and cinema, I'm sure I'd be jumping and screaming at the news.

i think they have already thinking about having good movies, from what i saw and read which i posted on the BvS thread Nolan is still attach to BvS more has an adviser. by doing these now means we going to be hearing casting news soon for Suicide Squad since they would need to start filming late spring/ early summer. same goes for Wonder Woman movie with director, writer, cast announcement.

Jim

I love the original as much as the next guy, but I thought the remake was great. Remake may not be the right term, as they only shared a title and setting. But still, a very fun film that may have helped jump start the zombie craze that's still around today.

and don't forget it still stands to be the best remake out their.

i think the Cyborg movie could be a way for WB/DC to introduce the Metal Men.

I don't know here what if WB misses the boat and by 2019 2020 superhero's are played out on the big screen anyway. They should be putting out at least 1 or 2 movies a year to compete dirctley with the Marvel movies.

I forget which business curve it is maybe the product life cycle but you have the innovators who seize the market, the immaters who jump on the bandwagon and still do well and the laggers who get in on the end and essentially miss the money.

Marvel was on the leading edge of the curve and DC had a few leading edge movies but with this time frame DC is either on the bandwagon or missing the boat all together.

Plus Marvel has established the universe and made the jump IMO from "super hero" movie to the main stream regular type movies. Also the traditional DC hero's are already pretty lame vs. Marvel anyway.

I think of it in the complete opposite sense. DC was dragging their feet for too long when it came to building these properties. The fact that their CEO is going on the record in front of investors and people who ultimately make every major decision for WB and saying this is our roadmap is very telling. Total crossroads moment, where if they don't stay on track, they're going to be disappointing a LOT of people; not just fans, but the $$$. The fact that their CEO is on the record with this means there's no turning back now.

I like the Flash casting from an acting standpoint. He's talented.

Great choice. He is 22 now, and he will draw younger Millenials in to the theatres. He was outstanding in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

Like Ms. Gadot, he will need to get acquainted with protein.

Couldn't agree more. The Flash choice to me was fantastic, and I cannot express how pumped I am. One of the few times where I think it's clear that WB's thinking long term with these films. Excited to see where he is three years from now.

I think of it in the complete opposite sense. DC was dragging their feet for too long when it came to building these properties. The fact that their CEO is going on the record in front of investors and people who ultimately make every major decision for WB and saying this is our roadmap is very telling. Total crossroads moment, where if they don't stay on track, they're going to be disappointing a LOT of people; not just fans, but the $$$. The fact that their CEO is on the record with this means there's no turning back now.

Agreed.

Their CEO is one of the hugest comic book fans around. These movies are going to happen. So we got more movie comic book speculation comics to dig for.

I hope people will embrace these movies, as they should be fun.

From CBR's web site: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56322&utm_campaign=warner-bros-announces-upcoming-dc-film-slate-through-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=breaking_bulletin

The full descriptions of films, via press release from Warner Bros., is below.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)

“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)

“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)

“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)

“Shazam” (2019)

“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)

Green Lantern” (2020)

I am real real happy Green Lantern gets another shot. I hope they do it right this time. (thumbs u

From CBR's web site: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56322&utm_campaign=warner-bros-announces-upcoming-dc-film-slate-through-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=breaking_bulletin

“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

“Shazam” (2019)

Green Lantern” (2020)

I am real real happy Green Lantern gets another shot. I hope they do it right this time. (thumbs u

Same here. My question is, what GL will be in the film? My $ is on John Stewart.

“Shazam” (2019)

Green Lantern” (2020)

Same here. My question is, what GL will be in the film? My $ is on John Stewart.

:wishluck: