• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I go to have a meltdown?

148 posts in this topic

A recent subscriber, I sent my first two books in to be graded on the 11th of September; two sketch covers that I personally illustrated and am having routed through the Signature Series process. I've been checking the site each day to see the "Received" stamp staring back at me for over a month now. Only yesterday did my credit card actually get charged. I thought, "Oh boy, maybe it's been graded!", but when I logged on, to my dismay, it just shows as 'Received'.

How does anyone cope with this turnaround time? I don't know if I will ever go through this again. This is ridiculous. When I mailed my books in the turnaround time said approximately 22 days, now I check it and it says 55 days. That's bananas. And by bananas, I mean BULLCRAP.

The other thing is that I have a printed copy of my invoice, which included shipping and the $5 submission fee, for a total of $49.40 for the two books. When I was charged yesterday it was for a total of $73.00 even. Now I just feel like they're screwing with me.

I called the director of the Signature Series, Mike Balent, and left him a voice-mail, though I never got a return call and that was over a week ago. This relationship isn't getting off to the best of starts. Am I the only one? Am I crazy? I didn't think I was am inpatient dude, but I mean come on!

A recent subscriber, I sent my first two books in to be graded on the 11th of September; two sketch covers that I personally illustrated and am having routed through the Signature Series process. I've been checking the site each day to see the "Received" stamp staring back at me for over a month now. Only yesterday did my credit card actually get charged. I thought, "Oh boy, maybe it's been graded!", but when I logged on, to my dismay, it just shows as 'Received'.

How does anyone cope with this turnaround time? I don't know if I will ever go through this again. This is ridiculous. When I mailed my books in the turnaround time said approximately 22 days, now I check it and it says 55 days. That's bananas. And by bananas, I mean BULLCRAP.

The other thing is that I have a printed copy of my invoice, which included shipping and the $5 submission fee, for a total of $49.40 for the two books. When I was charged yesterday it was for a total of $73.00 even. Now I just feel like they're screwing with me.

I called the director of the Signature Series, Mike Balent, and left him a voice-mail, though I never got a return call and that was over a week ago. This relationship isn't getting off to the best of starts. Am I the only one? Am I crazy? I didn't think I was am inpatient dude, but I mean come on!

The current turnaround time for a regular modern submission hasn't been listed as 22 days for about 4 years now - when you sent in your books, it was listed as either 45 or 50 business days.

You can't submit 2 SS books for $49.40 with shipping included - if your invoice lists that total, it's wrong. For a non-dealer, the cost breaks down like this:

- 2 SS books at $28 each

- $5 invoice fee

- $12 (UPS shipping - it's $10 for the first book, $2 each additional)

for a grand total of $73.

Mike Balent was at NYCC from Wednesday of last week till Monday of this week - which is probably why he hasn't gotten back to you yet :thumbsup:

Honestly, how do you deal with this?

I'd say do a multi-prong attack.

Call again. Email. Go to the ASK CGC thread.

Also I can't imagine there's any scenario where two CGC SS plus invoice plus shipping would be just $50. Maybe a mistake was made and shipping wasn't included?

The link to regular and SS went to the same place. I checked it twice.

I don't know about that,. but it sounds like you submitted the regular form. SS is like $10 more/comic, so the ~$70 looks right.

As for the wait time...you just gotta wait.

The current turnaround time for a regular modern submission hasn't been listed as 22 days for about 4 years now - when you sent in your books, it was listed as either 45 or 50 business days.

You can't submit 2 SS books for $49.40 with shipping included - if your invoice lists that total, it's wrong. For a non-dealer, the cost breaks down like this:

- 2 SS books at $28 each

- $5 invoice fee

Mike Balent was at NYCC from Wednesday of last week till Monday of this week - which is probably why he hasn't gotten back to you yet :thumbsup:

Thank you. This is what I needed to read.

- 2 SS books at $28 each

- $5 invoice fee

Thank you. This is what I needed to read.

His logic takes all the fun out of a good rant. :sumo:

A different opinion:

it is what it is , an inferior company might and does charge less, nothing can expedite turn around times , I'm glad I don't run a private company, their prices are a lot but I imagine the corporate hoops they have to jump through are astronomical ! I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to have a wheelchair accessible ramp into the building and a hdcp drinking fountain in their lobby , three months is not a long time in the comic industry , when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever, waiting three months as an adult flies by