• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I go to have a meltdown?

148 posts in this topic

A different opinion:

it is what it is , an inferior company might and does charge less, nothing can expedite turn around times , I'm glad I don't run a private company, their prices are a lot but I imagine the corporate hoops they have to jump through are astronomical ! I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to have a wheelchair accessible ramp into the building and a hdcp drinking fountain in their lobby , three months is not a long time in the comic industry , when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever, waiting three months as an adult flies by

I know what you mean about those stupid handicapped people, always wanting to get into buildings and drink water and stuff. What's next, special parking spots?!?

This stupid country, I tells ya. :pullhair:

sorry you have misinterpreted the meaning of the examples given that drive up the cost of owning a business and then have attempted to embarrass with a snide post, there are many hidden factors and govt. regulations that greatly increase the cost to do business but since you made fun of just a few of the examples there's no need to mention anymore , personally I think CGC is a GREAT company , I have ZERO problems with TAT,s and I am fully aware of how hard it is to run a private company these days, to belittle CGC TAT's or those who defend CGC is in my opinion not something that should be here on this:

the CGC sponsored chat boards

Let's address point by point:

1) yes, running a business is expensive

2) I didn't "make fun of just a few examples", you brought up 2 examples. Wheelchair ramps and handicapped accessible water fountains. And you did it in a way that seemed to imply that it's another unnecessary burden put on business owners by the govt, rather than the right thing to do. Perhaps, that wasn't your intention, but I don't seem to be the only one that read it that way.

3) who's belittling CGC? The OP admitted he was new to subbing, asked a question, and got an answer. Nobody is happy with TAT's, but what are you gonna do? (shrug)

4) why do you continue to insist that people show their cgc decoder rings before posting here? It's an open forum. Differing opinions are allowed, and most topics are allowed to be discussed, with a few exceptions. And frankly, this place is interesting because of it. (thumbs u

A recent subscriber, I sent my first two books in to be graded on the 11th of September; two sketch covers that I personally illustrated and am having routed through the Signature Series process. I've been checking the site each day to see the "Received" stamp staring back at me for over a month now. Only yesterday did my credit card actually get charged. I thought, "Oh boy, maybe it's been graded!", but when I logged on, to my dismay, it just shows as 'Received'.

How does anyone cope with this turnaround time? I don't know if I will ever go through this again. This is ridiculous. When I mailed my books in the turnaround time said approximately 22 days, now I check it and it says 55 days. That's bananas. And by bananas, I mean BULLCRAP.

The other thing is that I have a printed copy of my invoice, which included shipping and the $5 submission fee, for a total of $49.40 for the two books. When I was charged yesterday it was for a total of $73.00 even. Now I just feel like they're screwing with me.

I called the director of the Signature Series, Mike Balent, and left him a voice-mail, though I never got a return call and that was over a week ago. This relationship isn't getting off to the best of starts. Am I the only one? Am I crazy? I didn't think I was am inpatient dude, but I mean come on!

Welcome aboard.....

33O39fX.gif

A different opinion:

it is what it is , an inferior company might and does charge less, nothing can expedite turn around times , I'm glad I don't run a private company, their prices are a lot but I imagine the corporate hoops they have to jump through are astronomical ! I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to have a wheelchair accessible ramp into the building and a hdcp drinking fountain in their lobby , three months is not a long time in the comic industry , when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever, waiting three months as an adult flies by

I know what you mean about those stupid handicapped people, always wanting to get into buildings and drink water and stuff. What's next, special parking spots?!?

sorry you have misinterpreted the meaning of the examples given that drive up the cost of owning a business and then have attempted to embarrass with a snide post, there are many hidden factors and govt. regulations that greatly increase the cost to do business but since you made fun of just a few of the examples there's no need to mention anymore , personally I think CGC is a GREAT company , I have ZERO problems with TAT,s and I am fully aware of how hard it is to run a private company these days, to belittle CGC TAT's or those who defend CGC is in my opinion not something that should be here on this:

2) I didn't "make fun of just a few examples", you brought up 2 examples. Wheelchair ramps and handicapped accessible water fountains. And you did it in a way that seemed to imply that it's another unnecessary burden put on business owners by the govt, rather than the right thing to do. Perhaps, that wasn't your intention, but I don't seem to be the only one that read it that way.

3) who's belittling CGC? The OP admitted he was new to subbing, asked a question, and got an answer. Nobody is happy with TAT's, but what are you gonna do? (shrug)

4) why do you continue to insist that people show their cgc decoder rings before posting here? It's an open forum. Differing opinions are allowed, and most topics are allowed to be discussed, with a few exceptions. And frankly, this place is interesting because of it. (thumbs u

Don't listen to him 50's!! We CGC haters with high post counts hear you, and are starting to get the message. Please please please, keep badgering us with your truth until we see the light!!

I still don't get what your gripe is - the prices are clearly listed on the site, so the $73 shouldn't have been a surprise. And you mis-read the current turnaround times which, again, isn't CGC's fault.

Are you just mad because Balent didn't immediately get back to you even though he was out of town? ???

I may have misread the wait time, but never in a million years did I really expect this to take longer than a month. Since there isn't a specific price for Signature Series I believed the price would be the era of the book and since mine are modern, I was under the impression I ws paying $18 per book.

By the tone of your message and your ridiculously high comment count, I am guessing you are one of the L337|ST$ I should be wary of. If I have offended your hallowed ground with my pitiful rant, I offer you my apologies, and my next born son.

A different opinion:

Don't listen to him 50's!! We CGC haters with high post counts hear you, and are starting to get the message. Please please please, keep badgering us with your truth until we see the light!!

fF30qnv.gif

I still don't get what your gripe is - the prices are clearly listed on the site, so the $73 shouldn't have been a surprise. And you mis-read the current turnaround times which, again, isn't CGC's fault.

Are you just mad because Balent didn't immediately get back to you even though he was out of town? ???

I may have misread the wait time, but never in a million years did I really expect this to take longer than a month. Since there isn't a specific price for Signature Series I believed the price would be the era of the book and since mine are modern, I was under the impression I ws paying $18 per book.

By the tone of your message and your ridiculously high comment count, I am guessing you are one of the L337|ST$ I should be wary of. If I have offended your hallowed ground with my pitiful rant, I offer you my apologies, and my next born son.

??? Are you masking "elitists?"