• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I go to have a meltdown?

148 posts in this topic

Well I'll chime in -

It looks like OP submitted his sig series under "Modern" slow track. Doing the math each book is $18.00 - 10% member discount which is $32.40 for the two.

$32.40 - Two Moderns

$5.00 - Invoice Fee

$12.00 Shipping

Looks like the total is $49.40.

Maybe the fact that OP sent them in under the wrong submission tier slowed it down since there were probably questions when someone opened the box?

Also - Someone here from Sig Series can fill me in - Aren't artists who self submit supposed to fill out additional paperwork stating that it's their art?

You are correct on all accounts. I just looked again now and I do not see a different pricing scale for the Sig Series. As far as extra paperwork, I wrote out an affidavit of sorts stating that I attest that this is, in fact, my artwork and I purchased the books new from the store. I printed it out in triplicate and signed them and sent them with the books and the invoices. I did this per what I found in other discussions on the topic.

I still don't get what your gripe is - the prices are clearly listed on the site, so the $73 shouldn't have been a surprise. And you mis-read the current turnaround times which, again, isn't CGC's fault.

Are you just mad because Balent didn't immediately get back to you even though he was out of town? ???

I may have misread the wait time, but never in a million years did I really expect this to take longer than a month. Since there isn't a specific price for Signature Series I believed the price would be the era of the book and since mine are modern, I was under the impression I ws paying $18 per book.

By the tone of your message and your ridiculously high comment count, I am guessing you are one of the L337|ST$ I should be wary of. If I have offended your hallowed ground with my pitiful rant, I offer you my apologies, and my next born son.

??? Are you masking "elitists?"

(shrug)

leejeans.jpg2c_Scotland-8_%282%29.jpg/220px-Lophophanes_cristatus_-Aviemore%2c_Scotland-8_%282%29.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>_Scotland-8_%282%29.jpg'>

Can we please keep this thread going until Friday?

Thought it was a dead topic, logged back on and there were like 8 pages. Holy guacamole!

In comics general a molehill becomes a mountain.

Well I'll chime in -

It looks like OP submitted his sig series under "Modern" slow track. Doing the math each book is $18.00 - 10% member discount which is $32.40 for the two.

$32.40 - Two Moderns

$5.00 - Invoice Fee

$12.00 Shipping

Looks like the total is $49.40.

Maybe the fact that OP sent them in under the wrong submission tier slowed it down since there were probably questions when someone opened the box?

Also - Someone here from Sig Series can fill me in - Aren't artists who self submit supposed to fill out additional paperwork stating that it's their art?

You are correct on all accounts. I just looked again now and I do not see a different pricing scale for the Sig Series. As far as extra paperwork, I wrote out an affidavit of sorts stating that I attest that this is, in fact, my artwork and I purchased the books new from the store. I printed it out in triplicate and signed them and sent them with the books and the invoices. I did this per what I found in other discussions on the topic.

Well then I'm sure that's what caused your delay + the fact that Balent was in and out of town the past few weeks for cons. He probably had to clear your submission before it went in the system.

The good news is that you were charged the correct amount for a signature series invoice. I would call Balent tomorrow and verify everything with him to make sure it's 100% correct but it looks like you're going to be fine now.

The good news is that you were charged the correct amount for a signature series invoice. I would call Balent tomorrow and verify everything with him to make sure it's 100% correct but it looks like you're going to be fine now.

That is actually quite refreshing.

CGC's customer service sucks, and has for many years now. They've learned they can extract 2 pounds of flesh for every morsel of "service" they provide since they have a monopoly...or do they? hm