• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I go to have a meltdown?

148 posts in this topic

The link to regular and SS went to the same place. I checked it twice.

I don't know about that,. but it sounds like you submitted the regular form. SS is like $10 more/comic, so the ~$70 looks right.

As for the wait time...you just gotta wait.

I don't mind the money issue, and am glad to pay for the service, the wait is ridiculous though. I can't think of any other service that would expect clients to wait this long.

A different opinion:

it is what it is , an inferior company might and does charge less, nothing can expedite turn around times , I'm glad I don't run a private company, their prices are a lot but I imagine the corporate hoops they have to jump through are astronomical ! I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to have a wheelchair accessible ramp into the building and a hdcp drinking fountain in their lobby , three months is not a long time in the comic industry , when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever, waiting three months as an adult flies by

wow

A different opinion:

it is what it is , an inferior company might and does charge less, nothing can expedite turn around times , I'm glad I don't run a private company, their prices are a lot but I imagine the corporate hoops they have to jump through are astronomical ! I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to have a wheelchair accessible ramp into the building and a hdcp drinking fountain in their lobby , three months is not a long time in the comic industry , when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever, waiting three months as an adult flies by

That's nonsense. As far as I've heard, the current bottle-neck with CGC is at shipping & QC - they could solve that by moving to a larger facility and hiring more people.

The link to regular and SS went to the same place. I checked it twice.

I don't know about that,. but it sounds like you submitted the regular form. SS is like $10 more/comic, so the ~$70 looks right.

As for the wait time...you just gotta wait.

I don't mind the money issue, and am glad to pay for the service, the wait is ridiculous though. I can't think of any other service that would expect clients to wait this long.

Every submission I've done has been Fast Track, and they've gotten back to me in a couple few weeks.

A different opinion:

That's nonsense. As far as I've heard, the current bottle-neck with CGC is at shipping & QC - they could solve that by moving to a larger facility and hiring more people.

is that the only nonsense you found in there?

A different opinion:

wow

You heard it here first. Three month TaT is nothing. Time just flies by. Sack up an be an adult

A different opinion:

is that the only nonsense you found in there?

It helps when you just skim his posts.

Every submission I've done has been Fast Track, and they've gotten back to me in a couple few weeks.

I don't like to gamble. I did it the most inexpensive way the first time to see if I can get a proper return on my investment. I a an artist trying to branch out and add graded books that I illustrated to my inventory, this is a horrible way to go about it, which is why I say I will not be likely to be a repeat customer of their service.

These are the books.

Can any of you tell me the best place to find a market for resale once they are graded? I have been using eBay, but I imagine there is a more 'it' place to offer them.

And honestly, thank you all for alleviating my growing doubts, it's nice to have a little reassurance that I am in good hands.

0015_zpsd7feede7.jpg

0016_zps425bb064.jpg

/Claps

You could eliminate all shoplifting by hiring armed ex-Navy Seals to stand guard at Old Navy. But that doesn't mean it makes business sense (although in this case it probably does). But to do it without an immense amount of proper research, planning, and training could be catastrophic. I'm not on the inside, so I don't know, and I would even imagine some of the employees don't know some of the financial and logistic reasonings behind certain decisions. Its rarely so black and white.

I like the Batman one. :applause:

Once you get them back graded you can read the forum rules , price them & offer them in the marketplace Copper/Modern era section.

good advice.

also you can skip the CGC process and sell them RAW, but that might affect your realized price to varying degrees.

For example if you're able to sell them for $100 raw, and $130 CGC SS, then maybe the CGC SS isn't worth it for you. But if you can sell for $100 raw and $150 CGC SS, then MAYBE it is....(or not as there's a 3-month wait PLUS paypal fees)?

**All prices were estimates, I have no idea how much you want for them AND/OR how much they'd be able to sell for, or how much of a premium people will pay for CGC SS. Depends on what the market decides, and your strategy for approaching the market.

I don't like to gamble. I did it the most inexpensive way the first time to see if I can get a proper return on my investment. I a an artist trying to branch out and add graded books that I illustrated to my inventory, this is a horrible way to go about it, which is why I say I will not be likely to be a repeat customer of their service.

I still don't get what your gripe is - the prices are clearly listed on the site, so the $73 shouldn't have been a surprise. And you mis-read the current turnaround times which, again, isn't CGC's fault.

Are you just mad because Balent didn't immediately get back to you even though he was out of town? ???

/Claps

You could eliminate all shoplifting by hiring armed ex-Navy Seals to stand guard at Old Navy. But that doesn't mean it makes business sense (although in this case it probably does). But to do it without an immense amount of proper research, planning, and training could be catastrophic. I'm not on the inside, so I don't know, and I would even imagine some of the employees don't know some of the financial and logistic reasonings behind certain decisions. Its rarely so black and white.

Agree revat !!

and thank you for another post with wisdom,

the OP actually has two sides to the story now which is rarely offered here on these chat boards,

you can read other anti-CGC answers and replies on this thread from those who consider themselves experts (but many of them have never even submitted a book a book to CGC I learned from another thread go figure) but these so called experts answers are easy to dismiss , your answers revat cannot be dismissed - THANKS!!!!

when I was collecting in the early 70's many of the popular issue were still only published bi-monthly, waiting two months as a 12 year old seemed like forever,

I was a huge fan of EQ in the early eighties, and that was *4 months* between issues. Talk about excruciating.