• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Silver said:

A 312 went for a phenomenal $6,300 in 9.4!!

Some clearly knowledgeable Legion collectors were going at it.  312 is insanely hard to find in 9.4 or above.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Silver said:

Super prices realized last night on high grade Legion Adventures! A 312 went for a phenomenal $6,300 in 9.4!! Anyone collecting these knows some of these are super hard to get in high grade, last night showed it. I got beat on on some I really wanted but managed to pick up a few. Here are a couple:

FCEDAFF1-9690-4B53-B17B-8B8BB53F039B.jpeg

850AC2E2-DB02-4023-9DD0-A175110828D6.jpeg

Thanks for your purchases! :applause:

I was wondering if any of the regular participants in this thread would be buying.

On 8/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, tth2 said:

It was an interesting auction and reflective of the bipolar nature of Legion prices.

Some books went for really cheap and some books went for really strong prices.  

Congratulations,Tim, over the auction sales. Your Legion collection was an inspiration to us all.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, shadroch said:

The Legion Adventures are just about the only run I have where grade isn't important. I've about twenty slabs, mostly in the 6.0-8.0 and a couple of 9+ ones but I really like my well read copies the best. 

That was exactly my strategy for years. I have had my 300-380 complete for quite awhile now. I have a pretty limited scope of collecting so for the most part I spend my time upgrading stuff and then selling undercopies. The Legion and Brave and the Bold are the oldest runs in my collection, since trying to upgrade some of the books to higher grade copies I've come to appreciate how difficult some of the LSH run in Adventure can be in high grade. I'd love to see a 9.4 332 come up for sale. 

Edited by Silver

Finding them in 6.0 or better at a price I find reasonable is difficult enough.  It's amazing how many well loved copies are out there. When I bought my Adventure 247, it was one of the Top Ten Silver Age books, and may have been Top Five. Even Adventure 300 was tough to find, in almost any grade.  I finally completed my run but still buy anything I find over 4.0 if the price is right.  I need about ten books to finish the SuperBoy /LSH series but they are cheap and plentiful.  I was recently shocked when I saw my "surplus" Legions filled two long boxes. I just can't help myself when it comes to SA/BA Legions. 

When the blockbuster movie is announced, I'll be ready.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, Silver said:

That was exactly my strategy for years. I have had my 300-380 complete for quite awhile now. I have a pretty limited scope of collecting so for the most part I spend my time upgrading stuff and then selling undercopies. The Legion and Brave and the Bold are the oldest runs in my collection, since trying to upgrade some of the books to higher grade copies I've come to appreciate how difficult some of the LSH run in Adventure can be in high grade. I'd love to see a 9.4 332 come up for sale. 

Yep, 318, 331, 332, and 347 are the toughest 9.4+ 1964+ Adventures, only 3 each.

Congratulations on getting the 318.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, Silver said:

Paid quite a bit for this one, really surprised how strong the prices are for high grade copies. Anyone else see the 312 in 9.2 sell for 2K :whatthe:

Not so surprising considering how much the 9.4 copy sold for recently.

I thought the 9.8 #328 went for a decent price, even with its slight miswrap.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:35 PM, Silver said:

Paid quite a bit for this one, really surprised how strong the prices are for high grade copies. Anyone else see the 312 in 9.2 sell for 2K :whatthe:

Only need two more issue to have 300-380 in high grade!

A8F6E595-7E76-4873-9AC6-C22055F43E86.jpeg

Nicely done!!!!!