• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers #2 LOVED IT!!!

28 posts in this topic

NOT a real spoiler...but a question.

anybody want to explain what went on with Carnage. I haven't read anything about him since the Maximum Carnage storyline. Is Cletus Kasady still part of carnage?

book does look promising so far. It's not there yet, but it certainly doesn't "sins past" SUCK.

as I've posted several times before, I hate the Bendis run on Avengers. Finale was absolutely horrific. But I have to admit, New Avengers has been decent thus far.

But FoolKiller, you were in issue 2, so it's gotta be great huh?

I'm loving this book.

NOT a real spoiler...but a question.

anybody want to explain what went on with Carnage. I haven't read anything about him since the Maximum Carnage storyline. Is Cletus Kasady still part of carnage?

book does look promising so far. It's not there yet, but it certainly doesn't "sins past" SUCK.

Okay, how about a real SPOILER!!!!

one sticking point for me right now is....how about that unmasking bit with Spidey. Are we to assume that none of the villains, many who already have a history with spidey, don't read a newpaper and therefore haven't recognized peter parker????? Or could this be the set-up to why he joins the Avengers, i.e. security as he could soon be outed in a vein similar to daredevil? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or maybe it was just too dark and it doesn't matter?

I think it has something to do with Marvel's future plans for Spider-Man. I wouldn't be surprised if he is outed, because as a full-time Avenger Peter and his family are going to be moved and start living in the new "Avengers Tower" in Manhattan for protection. They've already announced this... talking about how exciting it will be to see Aunt May and Mary Jane interacting with the other Avengers in their civilian guises, and how Peter will suddenly be living and working with people who know that he is Spider-Man and share similar experiences as super-heroes.

Another not so brilliant move. While I don't mind change, this is a radical departure for Spidey, one that they won't be able to "fix", because Spidey can never now step away from the Avengers. If he does, he has to move his loved ones away from the umbrella of protection that living with the Avengers provides them, and they are screwed.

As for New Avengers 2: better than the first issue, still mediocre.

Honestly, I cringe every time I hear the names "Bendis" or "Millar" attached to a Marvel Universe project. Which is odd because I used to think both of these guys were doing a great job with their respective Ultimate titles, where change is a given.

But the presence of either of these guys on a regular Marvel Universe book means unnecessary changes are on their way... "House of M" is another means for Bendis to muck things up further instead of fixing them.

And Millar's plans for Thor and the Asgardian gods scare the hell out of me. Even worse to think that this was Gaiman's idea. Teenagers transform into the Asgardian gods thru mystical artifacts? Are they going to say Shazam first? Will we have a hip hop version of the Warriors Three? Volstagg is in the hizz-y!

ouch, Aunt May in Avenger's Tower!!! I guess Jarvis might be "getting busy" in the near future. Outing spidey sounds interesting as a "What If" or in the Ulimate line where it seems most everyone already knows who he is. But this doesn't sound too good for the Marvel U.

And here I was thinking about changing my sig line after having bought 1/2 a dozen good Marvel books this past week. Oh well, back to the wait and see mode. frustrated.gif

On a side note I thought Incredible Hulk #77 was fantastic! Welcome back Peter David! Lee Weeks did a great job on the art.

right on.

Peter David defly added another piece to the Hulk Mythos in the underwater scene that opens to door for many future possiblities without a radical alteration of the Hulk's history. Well done.

Good lord, Kevin - I agree with every point you made. Even Hulk #77 smile.gif

Another good this week: Captain America #2. Brubaker has been very impressive so far.

Another not-so-good this week: FF: Foes #1. Silly premise, terrible artwork, IMHO.