• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

slow
Mo - That's how some suckas have "Bruce Wayne" as their ID name! tongue.gif

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
George Micheal was first tongue.gif

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.
frown.gif

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.
frown.gif
000510-divine.jpg

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.
frown.gif
000510-divine.jpg
Ya ruined another thread.

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.
frown.gif
000510-divine.jpg
Won't really matter in two more weeks, than we have to read your lame con report.

slow

Ex-husband makepoint.gif
hermaphrodite
Michael Jackson wannabe
Paul Reubens Imitator
Divine Impersonator.
frown.gif
000510-divine.jpg
Won't really matter in two more weeks, than we have to read your lame con report.
frown.gif Later...dinkette hi.gif

Anyone have some tips of what to take, so we don't forget anything?

Tennis shoes

Overstreet Pricing and Grading guides

Laptop

Digital camera (to post pics from the con, or to sell on eBay immediately)

Mailing supplies (to ship the pre-sell exclusives I've already sold)

Cell phone charger

sketchbook?

Anyone have some tips of what to take, so we don't forget anything?

Tennis shoes

Overstreet Pricing and Grading guides

Laptop

Digital camera (to post pics from the con, or to sell on eBay immediately)

Mailing supplies (to ship the pre-sell exclusives I've already sold)

Cell phone charger

sketchbook?

I'd say bring several energy bars or healthy snacks each day. All the food in the show is extremely greasy and mostly unhealthy except for a few pieces of stale fruit. Maybe even bring a bottle of Gatorade or something too. Better yet, stuff a couple sandwiches in that backpack of yours.

Yes, at least an hour, if not more. Basically people start lining up earlier in the day, so the first people to get in have probably been waiting more than a few hours. They queue everyone up and then once the doors open they let everyone in single-file....over the years you would think that they would have come up with a more efficient system to let people in - I don't mean a mad rush to the doors, but they could let people in a couple rows at a time or something like that. Seems to take forever if you are at the back of the line....

Don't even get me started on the poor security last year that allowed people to cut into the line.... frustrated.gif

WHAT????

You said in the other thread you've been there every year since 1979. You haven't figured it out yet? How about ZERO time waiting in line on Preview Night. Yes, everybody starts lining up hours before the door opens. Then at the crack of 5:30 (or whenever it opens) they start letting the line in before the front doors open. BUT, I NEVER wait in the damn lines. If it opens at 5:30 then just stroll in around 5:50 to 6:00 at the latest and walk right in the front doors, no line at all. It just amazes me how much time people will wait in line just to get in the door a few minutes earlier. The only line I ever wait in in San Diego is to pick up my badge Wednesday afternoon. This is usually a fairly fast moving line and never takes me more than a half hour. On any day of the con I never wait in any line. As said before, just show up 20-30 minutes after the open and walk right in the open front doors. If you just must get in a few minutes earlier then go ahead and wait for hours.

Yeah, I totally agree with you about the other days - no reason to wait in a line Thurs - Sun. Usually after waiting Wednesday afternoon to get the badge I just head on over to the big line - figure nothing else better to do since I drive down the first day. I use the time to pull out a highlighter and go though the programming schedule to see what's coming up and make sure I get to see all the panels I'm interested in.

I've also found it's a lot easier to get something to eat around there once the Con crowd thins out around 9:45 or so....by the time you get done eating you can just walk right in....anyone ever been to the Sun Cafe and enjoyed their really cheap breakfast?? smile.gif

Hey DL - bringing this over from the top 5 Forumite thread. You had said, re: SD The con floor is just massive in size and activity. There are sooo many pabels (sic) and events, that you'll wish you could be in 2 places at the same time.

So what exactly IS the layout of SD Con? Is it all contained ion one hotel? Is it spread out amoung different rooms in that hotel? Are there multiple rooms with dealers or a single huge dealer room? Etc.

I tried finding this info in the brochure I got from them in the mail but could not find as yet (man that is some tiny type, too).

Hey DL - bringing this over from the top 5 Forumite thread. You had said, re: SD The con floor is just massive in size and activity. There are sooo many pabels (sic) and events, that you'll wish you could be in 2 places at the same time.

So what exactly IS the layout of SD Con? Is it all contained ion one hotel? Is it spread out amoung different rooms in that hotel? Are there multiple rooms with dealers or a single huge dealer room? Etc.

I tried finding this info in the brochure I got from them in the mail but could not find as yet (man that is some tiny type, too).

POV, I've been to the last 12 SD cons in a row. When I'm your age I'll only be halfway through the total number of trips I make to the con.

OK, here it is. You know Wondercon? Yeah, well multiply that room by AT LEAST ten. No joke. The entire floor is in one hugely expanded room covering the entire San Diego convention center. One half a mile from one end of the building to the other, the entire floor. All the panels are upstairs where you can take an escalator or the stairs. The signing area is also upstairs in an area called the Flag Pavillion. Small press is usually at one end or somewhere in the middle of the exhibition floor usually near or next to artist alley. This is not in a hotel. It is in a stand alone convention center that is like I said, about 1/2 a mile long. All clear and free with no seperate rooms or dividing walls for dealers and exhibitors. You will see in less than a week that it is completely overwhelming. I'm on my feet walking around 7-8 hours a day, every day and even on Sunday I am finding dealers and comics that I had not seen before. I wish the con was two weeks, that way I could really see everything. Believe me POV, your Wondercon is just a minnow compared to the whale you are about to experience.

;_; have fun at the con. Not going this year as I liked. Be sure that your shoes are comfortable, you will be walking a lot.

Also stay away from the convention's pizza

Hey Povert,

BassGMan is correct, it is the entire convention center. It is getting so big that space is becoming an issue, as there is no further convention center space to utilize. You will be impressed.

See you soon,

FM

hi.gif

;_; have fun at the con. Not going this year as I liked. Be sure that your shoes are comfortable, you will be walking a lot.

Also stay away from the convention's pizza

Unless your diet calls for "added fat" !