• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

I just called my hotel and they don't have a reservation for me frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Now I have to wait until tomorrow for hotels.com to fix it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Let me know if you need a place to crash. gossip.gif

Yeah... I just called again and they said that they received the fax from Hotels.com that I paid for the room already. The guy there told me that since they were sold out I should try to get there around 2pm so that I can get a room and someone else will be screwed out of theirs. I feel bad for who ever gets screwed, but it's not going to be me.

Yeah... I just called again and they said that they received the fax from Hotels.com that I paid for the room already. The guy there told me that since they were sold out I should try to get there around 2pm so that I can get a room and someone else will be screwed out of theirs. I feel bad for who ever gets screwed, but it's not going to be me.

Good. This happened to me once at the SD con about ten years ago at the Howard Johnsons hotel. We showed up WITH a reservation only to be told that they overbooked and had reassigned us to a different hotel miles away (NOT on the con shuttle route). We ranted and raved until they gave us somebody else's room but at a higher rate. Upon returning home my friend wrote the corporate management to complain. We eventually received a refund for the difference in price. Yeah, somebody else ended up getting screwed and had to be moved to another hotel. Flights do this as well. I guess they would rather take the chance on having unhappy customers over losing money on no-shows.

It happened to us in 2003 at the Wyndham. However, they put us up in the W for no charge at all. That was nice!!! My brother's already asking, "Do you think we can get a free hotel again this year?"

So when are you guys heading out? I'm leaving my house at 3:45 a.m. Wednesday to pick up my friend and then make the 6:15 flight. It'll put us in SD by about 9:00 a.m. Damn early flight but it was the best I could get at a good rate. I'll probably need to take a nap sleeping.gif after getting breakfast, then maybe a late lunch on the way down to picking up my badge, then making Preview Night by about 6:00 (not gonna' attempt the 5:30 line). Tomorrow is going to be a loooong day, but hey, this is the San Diego con, I'm hyped!

When are you guys getting there and what are your first plans when you arrive?

laugh.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

I'm heading out Wednesday around 2:00PM,.....get there around 2:30PM.

It pays to live here! poke2.gif

But your precious Pulp Con is 2000 miles away. poke2.gif

Yeah, dag nabbit! And in a section where nobody goes. You said you're only two hours away. You really should go and check it out. thumbsup2.gif

Leaving Phoenix around 10am. That'll put us in SD at 4pm (earliest check-in time at my hotel).

I'd say four out of five times I get in before check-in time. I'll probably get to my hotel tomorrow around 9:30 a.m. Check-in is most likely around 3:00 p.m. so I am sure as hell hoping that they let us in early, and usually they do. If not, well.... we'll be dropping off our bags and wandering the streets aimlessly for five or six hours. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Leaving Phoenix around 10am. That'll put us in SD at 4pm (earliest check-in time at my hotel).

Looks like a convoy leaving out of Phoenix. I decided to fly instead of drive; 45 min flight fom Phoenix and with gas prices at $2.35 a gallon its almost as cheap to fly. I'm flying out tomorrow morning at 10:30 arrive in San diego at 11:45 grin.gif

So when are you guys heading out?

When are you guys getting there and what are your first plans when you arrive?

About an hour and a half to two hour drive south for me. Debating - don't want to get there too early, but at the same time realize that I'll probably end up parking pretty far away if I get there late.

Still haven't packed or really gotten ready for it, so probably won't leave here until 3 or so and will avoid that long line this time around....

No plans - not looking for anything in particular this time around. Will probably just wander around and get a feel for the show, maybe something will catch my eye. I know there are quite a few exclusive comics/busts/etc. there, but unless something looks really cool to me, I figure it's not worth the hassle or the wait in line....

Looks like a convoy leaving out of Phoenix. I decided to fly instead of drive; 45 min flight fom Phoenix and with gas prices at $2.35 a gallon its almost as cheap to fly. I'm flying out tomorrow morning at 10:30 arrive in San diego at 11:45 grin.gif

We considered flying, but there's 3 of us. The cost of flying starts to surpass the gas costs. Besides, we're looking forward to our roadtrip. Got the cooler packed, and we're ready to go!