• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

So... is this the point where the thread stops being about the topic and instead turns into a quote/graemlins fest? yeahok.gif

Nah, we're still heading in the same direction but, just as with any long journey, you have to make a few pit-stops.

And now,....back to the regularly scheduled thread,....... hi.gif

And now,....back to the regularly scheduled thread,.......

Indeed. I am really getting torn thinking about San Diego. The prospect og GA and pre-code now seem as exciting as BA. I'll have to win the lottery to get everything I want on that trip!

Sp trying to come up with some reasonable lists representing the areas I am interested in. Then decisins like a few HG pre-code or one Eerie 1947? Etc.

Ah well, it will be fun.

Forgive me for asking, but when, where and at what time is the SD CGC Forum Dinner? I assume it's on Saturday......
gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Forgive me for asking, but when, where and at what time is the SD CGC Forum Dinner? I assume it's on Saturday......
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the uncharacteristic response, gentlemen........ yeahok.gif

It's always on Saturday! yeahok.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the uncharacteristic response, gentlemen........ yeahok.gif

It's always on Saturday! yeahok.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I booked my hotel long ago and got a good deal. But I waited a bit too long to book airfare. Plenty of available flights but have you guys checked the fares yet? They've gone WAY up. Damn, in the past I paid about $225 for good flights from Seattle, now to get my preferred times it will cost about $350. Still looking around. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Sadly, those airfares just changed my plans. I cancelled SD...Between airfare and fullfare non con rates on hotel rooms for the entire family, the limited purchasing ability I would have just soured me on the whole trip. Wizard opened the hotel reservation system for Chicago so I made my reservations and the airfare is $130 less than a SD flight. More money for books and a larger selection to choose from.

are you supposed to get some kind of confirmation notice via mail about your registration?
Yes, you are supposed to get something in the mail. I pre-registered at the con last year and got my pick-up card in December. Did you just register at the con last year? confused-smiley-013.gif

I booked my hotel long ago and got a good deal. But I waited a bit too long to book airfare. Plenty of available flights but have you guys checked the fares yet? They've gone WAY up. Damn, in the past I paid about $225 for good flights from Seattle, now to get my preferred times it will cost about $350. Still looking around. Christo_pull_hair.gif
There was a sweet Alaska airline flight and time that was available a few weeks ago but I didn't book it, as it wanted to wait for my new credit card cycle. But, when I checked yesterday, that flight was gone and the other flights were more expensive. I ended up booking through America West because the flights both ways were direct (first time ever). However, I get there too early on the Wednesday (10:30 AM) and I don't leave until 6:40 PM on the Monday so I have to kill a few hours after I check out at the hotel. I guess it will give me more time to pack my books and send them back via fedex. However, the price that I paid this year was still around $160 US cheaper than the price that I paid last year, as I booked really late then! screwy.gif

There was a sweet Alaska airline flight and time that was available a few weeks ago but I didn't book it, as it wanted to wait for my new credit card cycle. But, when I checked yesterday, that flight was gone and the other flights were more expensive. I ended up booking through America West because the flights both ways were direct (first time ever). However, I get there too early on the Wednesday (10:30 AM) and I don't leave until 6:40 PM on the Monday so I have to kill a few hours after I check out at the hotel. I guess it will give me more time to pack my books and send them back via fedex. However, the price that I paid this year was still around $160 US cheaper than the price that I paid last year, as I booked really late then! screwy.gif
slacker

nope, wasnt sure if i would go this year. Noticed my CC was charged though. Hopefully something would come in within the next few weeks

I just got my notification for my pass in the mail two days ago. Shouldn't be long depending on when your registration went in.