• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Hulk Hands and Thor Helmet popcorn holders. Now these would be cool. I hope we get them in the States.

'Thor: Ragnarok' Popcorn Helmets Are Amazing

oqxAMqN.png

A new photo has circulated of some of Ragnarok's newest merchandise - popcorn buckets shaped like Thor's helmet and Hulk's fist.

Judging by the caption for the photo, these buckets will be available through Major Cineplex, which is a movie theater chain in Thailand. It's unclear if and where they will be available in the states, although a similar version of the Hulk hand bucket was spotted among the American products.

zdJWw8J.jpg

Now instead of an $8 tub of popcorn, it will be $16.

:ohnoez:

Edited by Bosco685

Marvel’s Last Infinity Stone is Hiding in Plain Sight

Thor-Ragnarok-Soul-Infinity-Stone-Odin-T

The mysterious Soul Stone – the only cosmic gem still shrouded in mystery – is set to be revealed in Ragnarok, directly launching the larger Infinity War the entire MCU has been building toward. Most casual fans expect it to be the weapon used by Ragnarok‘s villain Hela, but based on the evidence and clues, the true story of the MCU’s Soul Stone may have die-hard fans kicking themselves for years to come.

Hela is Introduced Without Her Powers

Where she gets those powers, what has brought Thor to that alley, and why Hela has followed are the obvious questions. And piecing together set photos and other footage of Ragnarok, a firm explanation can be assembled. Especially since she leaves that alley as a brand new woman.

Thor-Ragnarok-Trailer-Hela-Mjolnir.jpg?q

Hela’s (Orange-Yellow) Power Over Souls is Restored

The trailers only show what appears to be the final moments of Hela’s transformation: the last flickering waves of the yellow-orange energy that has restored her clothing and iconic headdress, clearly delivering a sense of rejuvenation Hela has gone too long without (based on her expression). The same sequence from the trailers shows Thor and Loki being blown away by the disintegration of Mjolnir in this same alley, suggesting that one moment leads to the other.

Thor-Ragnarok-Hela-Powers-Infinity-Stone

Hela’s crusade to kill Asgardian soldiers, reclaim her role as the Goddess of Death, and bring about the death of all creation is the kind of job that an Infinity Stone would make possible. And when you look at how the Soul Stone has been used in the comics, it seems a perfect fit.

And another one...Korg. High pitched voice threw me off, but as one of the commenters stated...I like how it's not a cliché deep voice. Something else didn't feel quite right though...can't put my finger on it...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/406015-meet-taika-waititi-as-korg-in-new-thor-ragnarok-clip#/slide/1

On 10/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Wait.  So where does Hela break Thor's hammer?  The background has changed.

I think I read somewhere there are going to be two versions of Hela shown in the movie. Her before finding a new power source (rumored to be an Infinity Stone). Then her after. But that has been based on fan speculation from certain scenes in the trailers.

I wonder if this last trailer is showing only one version of Hela so as not to take away from the shouts that will come out of Hela crushing Mjolnir (think I have that right).

I'm gonna go with the latest trailer background (grass...and it's also the better looking Hela:x).  They probably did a re-shoot that wasn't reported(shrug).

From everything I've read this should be another hit.  Everybody (so far) is in agreement that this will be the best Thor movie.  The best Marvel movie?...that's still to be determined.

THOR: RAGNAROK Is Tracking Towards A Thunderous $90-$100 Million Opening Weekend In North America

Marvel and director Taika Waititi's Thor: Ragnarok is tracking towards a mighty $90 million-$100 million opening weekend in North America when it hits theaters on November 2.

If these latest numbers are accurate, The God of Thunder's latest adventure will open ahead of the first Thor ($65.7 million) and Thor: The Dark World ($85.7 million). Of course, this isn't really a surprise to us, but it might make those that continue to fly the "superhero fatigue" flag rethink their stance!