• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Jesus that looks good. I need to go and change my pants now. 

:gossip:

They should send a memo to the modern Marvel comic book writers and artists and say this is how Marvel should be done.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

6 hours ago, Drummy said:

Movie definitely has a goofier, 'Guardians' like quality that I wasn't expecting...I thought it would be heavy drama, but this looks a little tongue-in-cheek. What I loved best were the shots of Hela, especially when she's tossing up that sword -- the shadows on her face seem straight out of a comic panel.

Looks fun, but I wish the trailer had a bit more gravitas given the subject matter.

Dan

if you've seen either of the director's other movies, this would be less of a surprise. looks like Marvel may have allowed TW to make his kind of movie.

7 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

:gossip:

They should send a memo to the modern Marvel comic book writers and artists and say this is how Marvel should be done.

Spot. On. 

There's definitely a GOTG vibe to this trailer. I love how they start it off with Thor bound in chains falling & the arena scene was just incredible. :roflmao:He's a friend from work:roflmao:. Cate is looking super hot as Hela. I can't wait to see more of her. :devil: I've been very anxious to get a glimpse of this movie & this teaser does not disappoint. With 6 epic films dropping in 2017, this is the biggest year for comic movies to date.:whee:

Edited by chezmtghut

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

They had me once they played Zep as the theme music.  Great.

Thor: Ragnarok used the exact same music for the Hela trailer as Wonder Woman's costumed <3 appearance in Batman v Superman.

I found the trailer to be hit and miss (shrug). It seemed like they are trying too hard to pitch it as another light-hearted and funny GotG type flick. Hopefully there is more to it than just this. That being said, the Hulk battle should be fun to watch regardless.

Edited by kimik

51 minutes ago, kimik said:

I found the trailer to be hit and miss (shrug). It seemed like they are trying too hard to pitch it as another light-hearted and funny GotG type flick. Hopefully there is more to it than just this. That being said, the Hulk battle should be fun to watch regardless.

Concur - I don't want a happy go-lucky movie for Ragnarok - seems disjointed/doesn't realize the gravity of the situation?  Would prefer something darker out of this Thor with consequences - which we may still get.

54 minutes ago, kimik said:

If you watch the other trailers, it doesn't look so light hearted.  

1 hour ago, piper said:

If you watch the other trailers, it doesn't look so light hearted.  

Hopefully not. In this one they appear to be trying to hard to come across like GotG in a manner that is so obvious that it fails a bit. 

Edited by kimik

I'm not watching the trailers.  Concerned, as usual, about having the film itself spoiled. 

Glad to hear everything looks promising, though.