• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Bronze Age Appreciation Thread
7 7

403 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 12:52 AM, Pimpy said:

And this is how I met your mother 

AF6E9472-65BB-49D9-B702-6DED9826E24E.jpeg

Nicely done! If I remember correctly my 8.5 has a terrible misswrap. I'm just glad to see someone acquiring these, it's been a minute since we've seen someone post a Ghul book :shy: 

:cheers: cheers!

On 10/2/2022 at 9:01 PM, Bryan65 said:

Here is my copy of "Batman from the 30's to the 70's", not a comic, but a Collected Edition from the 70's so it's Bronze Age material.  This is the best looking copy I have ever seen, bought it from an eBay seller several years ago and he stated he purchased it from an estate sale, was on a shelf with other Bat-memorabilia.

3070-1.png

3070-2.png

3070-3.png

I am also fortunate to have a copy in near mint condition. The gorgeous Infantino-Anderson dust cover is more than worth the price of the book.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:07 PM, JohnH19 said:

I am also fortunate to have a copy in near mint condition. The gorgeous Infantino-Anderson dust cover is more than worth the price of the book.

I'm glad you also own a nice copy, they are very hard to find without the dust jacket and book itself showing considerable wear.  I used to own a copy when I was a kid and read those stories over and over, even took it to school with me.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bryan65 said:

Here is my copy of "Batman from the 30's to the 70's", not a comic, but a Collected Edition from the 70's so it's Bronze Age material.  This is the best looking copy I have ever seen, bought it from an eBay seller several years ago and he stated he purchased it from an estate sale, was on a shelf with other Bat-memorabilia.

3070-1.png

3070-2.png

3070-3.png

Great pick up. I destroyed my copy of this book when I was a kid in the mid 1970s by reading it over and over and over and over. Recently bought another copy off the boards to destroy all over again!   :cloud9:

On 5/10/2023 at 9:46 AM, The Commissioner said:

I cannot believe I forgot to post this over Christmas.

Resized_20230101_144723.jpeg.02924341931716eeaafe73bb8b7f7c44.jpeg

I saw on Amazon they were doing these B&B color omnibus reprints. 

I really, really, really wish they would do omnibus reprints of the Batman and Detective issues that include (but not limited to) the issues that have Neal Adams covers and interiors with the original coloring. 

I know there’s the Neal Adams omnibuses but I can’t stand the recoloring he did and think in some cases it spoils the stories. 

Edited by Number 6

On 10/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bryan65 said:

3070-1.png

3070-2.png

3070-3.png

That’s a really sweet copy. 

I finally picked up a decent copy off of e Bay not long ago. Not nearly as nice as yours and not a first edition/first printing but good enough for flipping through and bringing back memories. 

I checked this book out multiple times from the library as a kid and spent a lot of time soaking in the Adams covers in that last color section. I had no clue about artists or anything like that at that point, but I remember thinking even as a kid “why don’t the Batman comics I see at the grocery store look like these?”