• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicKeys he's at it again....

107 posts in this topic

If I was going to buy a GSX 1, this seller would be the LAST person I'd buy it from. Okay, maybe 2nd to last..

Yep...I'd stay far far away from this auction. Maybe it's time to re-post the "cleaned and pressed" ASM #129 w/ associated CGG high speed grading TD sold on eBay awhile back... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I wonder why Hammer wants this book? confused.gif

Yes, that was what was puzzling me most about this auction - the book has already been certified a 9.8 and has received a lot of attention on these boards and elsewhere, not to mention that it's being offered by a questionable seller. Which makes it a bit pointless to get into an ego-driven bidding war over it.

Perhaps Dupcak plans to crack the slab, sprinkle his patented fairy dust over it (thus enhancing its' condition) and sell it as a 10.0?

I bet that's it.

Actually Hammer has been barred/blocked from bidding any further on this book. That is what the seller told me, after I sent him the e-mails that lunatic sent me. Daniel said the same thing too me, about this book. A very very slight printers crease/production flaw on the lower back cover kept it from going 9.9 or a perfect 10.0 He also told me, this is by far, the nicest book he has ever seen from this time period. CGC is in my opinion a softer grader. If this book is as nice as it is purported too be, it could very well hit that with CGC. There grading seems too be softer. Seeing a 9.4 CGC Hulk 181 with 6 spine ticks, two breaking colour, leads me too this conclusion. I was supposed too buy that book, but I looked at the book, not the number.

Here's a real good chuckle for you all. The high bidder on this book now, is a registered in 2000 one {1} feedback EBay user. Anyone else smell something really fishy with this?? How many here would let that happen on a book you own, with all the shananigans that have gone on with it, on a book worth over $6,000.00??? Sure as %^(* wouldnt be me. I would cancel that bid so fast, my computer would be smoking. I know everyone has too start somewhere, but not there..... Too much monkey business with this book. Im out at $6,475.00 I guess the hunt will continue.... Not the sellers fault, just became a "Hammertime" thing..... "Wont touch this" everyone sing along............

Im back in the hunt. The seller gave his 1 feedback bidder till 10 p.m. tonight too e-mail back about bidding. No e-mail was ever sent back, Imagine that!! So the bid was cancelled. As far as being a glutton for punishment, I dont think so. This book look's the part, and then some. I will of course, give it the proper once over, Twice!! I am fairly good at detecting restoration, no expert, but I do have the proper equipment too check it over. If I see anything that look's off, I will send it out too Matt Nelson for his expert opinion, if I get the book. I highly doubt{99.95%} there is restoration on this book. I know this is a CGC Forum board. But every discussion I have had with Daniel at PGX has been very professional and informative. I have no reason not too beleive him when he says this book is the best condition book he has ever seen from that era. Either Im a fool, or a genius, time will tell. It always does.