• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicKeys he's at it again....

107 posts in this topic

Im back in the hunt. The seller gave his 1 feedback bidder till 10 p.m. tonight too e-mail back about bidding. No e-mail was ever sent back, Imagine that!! So the bid was cancelled. As far as being a glutton for punishment, I dont think so. This book look's the part, and then some. I will of course, give it the proper once over, Twice!! I am fairly good at detecting restoration, no expert, but I do have the proper equipment too check it over. If I see anything that look's off, I will send it out too Matt Nelson for his expert opinion, if I get the book. I highly doubt{99.95%} there is restoration on this book. I know this is a CGC Forum board. But every discussion I have had with Daniel at PGX has been very professional and informative. I have no reason not too beleive him when he says this book is the best condition book he has ever seen from that era. Either Im a fool, or a genius, time will tell. It always does.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

hey, Stout, lots of people here buy expensive gems like this all the time. I really dont understand why you are signalling your keen interest to win this book here. All your research and talk of discussions with PGX just might be convincing others to jump into the bidding.. Isnt it always best to silently go after ebay lots that one REALLY really wants without calling attention to yourself?

I have to agree with Aman on this one. No need to pay more than you have to. Frankly, I would be careful with this auction given the prior threads relating to this seller and the dollars that would be involved. gossip.gif

You got that right! thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole! makepoint.gif

screwy.gif

Im sure every one on these boards cruises around Ebay. My user name there was verified by Newt Sampson some time ago. It is Faithlei. 99.5% of the collectors on this board have said they wouldnt go near this book. Because of the seller, the grader. etc. That is fine with me. I was also told you cant make any decent money on Raw books off of Ebay. I have so far, done very well. Buying raw, slabbing, selling. buying raw, selling raw. Im not "scared" of buying this book. If there is anything at all suspicious, it will be dealt with in a professional manner very quickly. The quips about the 129 that was pressed and whatever. so what??? CGC dosent call it restoration, as long as it was professionally done, or not detectable.

Im sure the "I had a comic professionally pressed" thread didnt thrill the CGC. A 2.5 point condition jump upwards..... There sticking too there rules, come hell or high water. There is no such thing as a perfect company. PGX or the CGC is no different. Most dont like the CGC holder, SCS.... Most dont like the Restoration check PGX does. Deserved or not, these are the things people talk about. I didnt mention what book i was bidding on. Someone else did, they knew where too look...

I have no reason not too beleive him when he says this book is the best condition book he has ever seen from that era. Either Im a fool, or a genius, time will tell. It always does.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder how much he will get from TD when it is sold.

Best of luck however I would suggest you cross it over into a CGC slab ASAP.

I've found out first hand the seller has a good refund policy when a CGG/PGA/PGX book comes back as a PLOD's a CGC slab. Just make sure to take lots of photos after your win. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well the auction was ended early....I'm shocked 27_laughing.gif

Stout are you ready to state that you bought the book offline?

Or did he sell it to someone else that he was also possibly stringing along?

Having followed this both here and @ StlComics.Com I have MANY questions. Looking at the following just adds more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33826&item=6504237766&rd=1

GOT TO READ THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE "ONE COMIC_KEYS" 893whatthe.gif..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...... blush.gif

Although Im a Canadian living in the USA, can I plead the 5'th???

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....Do you think you NEED to??? BTW That exchange between you & Hammer/Comic_Keys last night

on StlComics.Com is one of the all-time best reads EVER. If "KEYS" is taking what he says he is then he

is in for SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!! 893whatthe.gif So will you try for this book again????

Hi Stout1a,

What ever happened to the purchase of the GSX #1 and your repartee with Hammer on the STL boards? Auction ended early. I thought you were in constant dialogue with Christinascollectables so do you know the final disposition of this book? Were you able to purchase the book off-line or did Leder pull the auction for other reasons?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry for the late reply. I dont have the book. They promised it too me. I had/have the $$ for it. I kept all the e-mails saying as much. I asked them for there info. so I could get the $$ too them, and the book too me. I never got a reply. I do have there phone number. I should give them a call. He said he was going after a even better copy of that book, from the same man who bought the 9.8 PGX originally. It is supposed to be a 9.9 or 10.0 Problem is he thinks the 9.9 is worth over $50,000

9.9 for $50,000 US minimum?? I would pass at that price, as nice as the book would be. The man who sold Christnacollectables the 9.8 from has 3-4 more. Two are apparently in the 9.9-10.0 area. Being it is in a PGX holder, it wont get near what a CGC book would get. I bought a exceptional one a few days ago. It is a raw, original owner book. It is a very solid 9.6 for sure. Personally, I think it has a 85-90% chance of hitting the 9.8 Off-White/White pages. I paid a little over $3,000 for it. Before I send it away too either the CGC or PGX, I will send it out too Matt Nelson for a resto. check. Im positive it is untouched, but im not a professional restoration expert. Once Matt gives his opinion, I will send it out for grading, unless he says it has been restored. Then it's back to where I got it from. BTW, Hammer is on all that nasty junk. He dosent cycle it either. He is on it all the time, 365 days a year. Most cycle that stuff. Use, dont use... etc... They use it for 2-4 months before competition. Then off of it, when the show is over... One of these days, all that abuse will cathc up too him. He says genetics will tell the story. Yes, they will. The best human gene pool on the face of the earth, cant take that much foreign substance abuse. Something's gotta give... And it will give.. What that is, no one know's....

The man who sold Christnacollectables the 9.8 from has 3-4 more. Two are apparently in the 9.9-10.0 area. Being it is in a PGX holder, it wont get near what a CGC book would get.

Yeah. Terance (or is it Terrance?) Leder seems to have a knack for pulling those ultra high unrestored grades with his PGX submissions. You will have to keep us informed regarding the final grading on your purchase.