• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"This Score Needs Fixing" Thread

85 posts in this topic

Hi Gemma,

Strange Tales #126 has been going up vastly in value. I've seen a couple

of 9.2's go for around $2500 lately. It scores 353. A quadrupling is probably

in order.

Thanks,

• Administrator
The Edge of Spider-verse #2 Variant currently is worth less points than the regular 1st print, and the same points as the additional printings.

The market has shown it is by far the most desired, and expensive, EoSV #2.

In your set your regular issue is a 9.9 and the variant is 9.8 which is why yours is lower...

I will add this issue to the list for re-evaluation also, but wanted to clarify your first sentence first.

Hello,

Can you please fix the points for "Image Expo Preview Book: I is for Image nn" in the sets "Outcast" and "Southern Bastards (Image)"? It currently has a score of zero in each, and should probably be 24.

Thanks!

Gemma,

The points for "Qualified" and "Universal" seem to be switched for Fantastic Four #154-#164. "Qualified" points are higher than "Universal".

Edit: After looking at it again, the "Universal" looks correct but the "Qualified" is very high.

Gemma,

I believe there should be a score correction for the following issue:

Walking Dead #116 Third Print

for the Walking Dead (Complete with Variants) registry set. Below is my rationale:

This edition should have a higher point value than the other two 116 issues since the only two sales I can find were for $1517.80 (CGC 9.8) on 3/22/15 and $580 (raw VF/NM 9.0) on 4/4/15 (see eBay completed sales data below this message) respectively (actual completed sales, that is). I figure that a fair point value for this issue would run similar to the Walking Dead #35 Error Variant with 9.8 universal being 800 points (to give you a reference point for determining grade values). One of the rarest WD issues out there, this one should command at least as high as those issues (which both seem to have caught fire recently).

Walking Dead #116 Third Print Completed Sales Data

Thank you for your time and consideration as well as for all you do for us registry set participants! :)

Sensei Ryan

Hi Gemma

Thank you for the latest set of score updates.

Here are a few more recommendations for review, when you get to them.

Captain Marvel #s 25 through to 34 in the Captain Marvel (1968) set - these Starlin issues have been holding consistently high values for a number of years. They are great issues in their own right as the potential of Thanos as a character was first developed and they can only go from strength to strength as we await the third Avengers movie. I would recommend these issues be at least doubled in points value.

Captain America #144 in several sets including Captain America #100 - #200 and Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels. A very tough issue to locate in grade and not frequently offered for sale which is reflected in current GPA values. Another that I would recommend is doubled in registry points value - at least.

Cat #1 in the Cat and Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issues (1970-1982) sets. A book which has recently increased in value with demand far outstripping supply as is reflected in GPA. A further recommendation for at least doubling in points value.

Thanks for considering and happy to provide further analysis/ rationale if this would be helpful.

Jon

Can you please update the score for Flash Annual 4 in Flash (1987)? It is currently marked for 24 points for a 9.8, but everything else in the set seems to be minimum 25 points. Thanks!

Hi Gemma

Thank you for the further score updates you made yesterday - I think the adjustment to Iron Man #55 now reflects the underlying market rate for that book.

Could you add Incredible Hulk #1 to you your review list please? This book has risen dramatically in value across all grades over the last twelve months in particular. It has long been recognised as the toughest of the Marvel silver age keys and the number of high grade copies is restricted by that dark cover and the propensity for Marvel chipping.

It has replaced Fantastic Four #1 as the second most expensive Marvel silver key with extensive evidence showing on GPA and I suspect this gap will only get wider over the next year.

Overall I would recommend that registry points be doubled on this book.

Thanks for considering.

Jon

Hey Gemma,

While reviewing the different Crow Registry sets, I noticed that

Deadworld 10 is worth 50 points in the Crow (Complete) set,

however the same book

Deadworld 10 is non-competitive and worth 0 points in the Crow (Chapter One) set.

I am requesting that Deadworld 10 gives points in all sets at this time.

Thanks!

Reed

• Administrator

This was a purposeful design that was previously requested by other Crow set holders, so you are welcome to start a separate thread to see if opinions have changed at this time, but I will not be changing it without a consensus from the other users.

Hi Gemma,

I think that the registry points for Batman 181 (1st Poison Ivy) should be reviewed, especially for mid to lower high grade copies (6.0 to 8.5), prices have more than doubled in the last 5 years. I can post some sales information if you'd like.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Adventure 247 (OK - can't just adjust mid-grades)

You're right about that. (thumbs u

I just mentioned the mid-grades since that is where FMV has considerately risen, there haven't been a lot of sales in high grade lately. All grades should probably get more registry points.

Cheers,

Mike