• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SC4

guess the grade  

108 members have voted

1. 1. guess the grade

43 posts in this topic

I see this book as a 3.5 and a 4.0 on a good day. I hope that piece on the top left back cover is not in the verge of chipping off. :wishluck:

I have a 4.0. There's no way that comes back as a 4.0. The spine is rough, it has multiple creases on the cover, and of course that huge hanging chad on the back cover. It's a 3.0 all day, everyday and on Sunday. :baiting:

-J.

From what I see, SC4 spine are always rough and CGC may be a bit more lenient for a mid 1950's book. :/

I wish. lol I thought mine would come back a 5.0 or at least a 4.5. It has no creasing and a tight spine with no roughness at all or tears on the cover. But alas, only a 4.0. :sorry:

-J.

I see this book as a 3.5 and a 4.0 on a good day. I hope that piece on the top left back cover is not in the verge of chipping off. :wishluck:

I have a 4.0. There's no way that comes back as a 4.0. The spine is rough, it has multiple creases on the cover, and of course that huge hanging chad on the back cover. It's a 3.0 all day, everyday and on Sunday. :baiting:

-J.

From what I see, SC4 spine are always rough and CGC may be a bit more lenient for a mid 1950's book. :/

I wish. lol I thought mine would come back a 5.0 or at least a 4.5. It has no creasing and a tight spine with no roughness at all or tears on the cover. But alas, only a 4.0. :sorry:

-J.

No other interior flaws? Maybe a re-grade. :wishluck:

-J.

-J.

That was after the re-sub. Still same grade. I just gave up. doh! That's why I'm calling it a 3.0, and no higher. Regardless of which cover that tear is on.

-J.

-J.

-J.

That was after the re-sub. Still same grade. I just gave up. doh! That's why I'm calling it a 3.0, and no higher. Regardless of which cover that tear is on.

-J.

:cry: But other re-grade bumps will make up for it. ;)

-J.

-J.

-J.

:cry: But other re-grade bumps will make up for it. ;)

Ooooooh yeah! :headbang:

-J.

Staples are pretty firm. Back cover piece is fully attached and not in danger of falling off baring a mylar accident or something. Chip on the front cover is in much greater danger but is smaller to the point of incidental in grade. I thing the big dings that CGC gives (and that this books doesn't have) are full length creases / heavy creasing. Rusty staples and non water stains.

Pieces missing, chipping seem to get a pass at low grades.

With a strong overall presentation with minimal creasing or tears and minimal pieces missing with no stains, rust or staple issues I think it will get a 4.0 but wouldn't be surprised with a 3.5.

Thanks for all the feedback, I like to see it. I'll post when I get it back.

Ed

... I think you nailed it. Gloss and snap will help...if those qualities are present ...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u