• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What press do you use & would you purchase again?

47 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a press and I'm wondering what you guys have found that worked well, maybe you purchased something based on a review that turned out bad or blind buy that was just a polished turd...

Please post Brand and Model number -- I'll be hitting those websites.

Really not trying to purchase something that's heating element goes out in like 100 hours of use, etc.

Thank you in advance! :)

I used Seal Jumbo 160. Built like a tank, always accurate with temp. I got it well used at a photo store that specialized in new/used pro gear..
+1

Back in the days when I had to wear a suit it was also useful for pressing pants and ties!

It looks like a cool thing to try, so I just picked up a Seal Compress 110S. It's a little dirty and extremely dusty, so I'll have to take it apart and clean it. But it works.

I have about 4 long boxes of comics that I give out for Halloween, so will be practicing on those.

I understand that most don't want to divulge their secrets, but is there someone that can give me a starting point? So that I don't start off at 200Lbs or pressure and 300F lol (jk)

I saw a video that was being sold a while back, but can't seem to find it. I can't remember how much they were charging for it, but it might be something I'll consider.

Yea, that thread is where I originally got the idea. I've taken some notes from there, but haven't tried anything yet. He was doing modern's only though. I have a bunch of 80's-90's stuff I want to practice on. I'm only guessing that different era's may require different treatments. I'm assuming that new comics have a certain amount of humidity in them, while older (1980's) comics may not.

I'm trying to go about this logically, but maybe I'm totally wrong. haha

I've currently got items at CGC and had a bunch of items transferred over to CCS. At $12 for modern and $40 for older tier, its costing me retarded amounts on 19 units.

I dropped off 16 current (6x EOTSV#2, 1 EOTSV#2var, BA#12, x5 Avenging Spiderman#9, 3x NM98) 2 SS (2 Carlo Barberi commission's) and Green Lantern 76 -- prepress the GL76 looks like a 7.0.

I've got a ton of cabbage wrapped up in this first patch of CGC and CCS -- I'd rather cut out the CCS middleman (especially if I can literally purchase similar gear and measure the progress myself)