• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Spidey suit looks damn good.

No under arm webbing. :(

And the CGI for the eyes is messed up. Are they going for a live action Spidey or a cartoon Spidey?

Looks like its more of a camera lens.

Bad direction. Keeps his head down way too long for the dramatic pause/pay-off. His body looks a bit too muscular (stout) for the teenager voice-over. And the cartoony narrowing of the mask lenses really puts he bullet in it. And the line "ay everyone." Ugh....That's the best quip spiderman could come up with??? REALLY??? How about

-"You don't mind if I borrow the fancy serving platter, do you?" or

-"Mine! (yoink) This matches my outfit. I may have to add a splash of white!" or

-"I love playing keep away! Go long, Panther!!"

And that's off the top of my head... literally 30 seconds of thinking here by someone with an IQ of 110. C'mon Marvel!

Or even if he ignores the ironic Yoink...how about addressing that Underoos reference. Maybe a "Underoos? Hey, spandex is comfortable! Tell me, Stark, do you have stock in ointment for the rust irritating your crack?" Very uncool of iron man. Why does Tony have to keep cranking up his doosh factor? Line after line. And now doing it to the new guy. sheesh!!

As it was, I figure it is a moment away from Firestar and Iceman from sliding into scene stage right with the cry of "Go team Spidey!"

I want this too be good. I think as a whole the movie will be good. But wow. The trailer is so bad...so very very bad. As good as GOTG trailer was, this is the other end of the scale. Worst superhero trailer I've seen in over a year, I would bet.

-Terry

Your points here highlight how hard it is to do a quick cameo appearance like this with style. I agree about the line -- feels anticlimactic -- but don't mind the costume or the physicality of it. The webs were handled well, so there's hope for solid effects.

One good thing about this is that Spidey's personality and humor are left for the film itself, even if his role is small -- hope it's worth waiting for.

As for the trailer as a whole, it felt like most superhero film trailers I've seen (better than some others, IMO), so I'm not sure why you found it "very very bad" save the disappointment on the Spider-Man intro?

Dan

Bad direction. Keeps his head down way too long for the dramatic pause/pay-off. His body looks a bit too muscular (stout) for the teenager voice-over. And the cartoony narrowing of the mask lenses really puts he bullet in it. And the line "ay everyone." Ugh....That's the best quip spiderman could come up with??? REALLY??? How about

-"Mine! (yoink) This matches my outfit. I may have to add a splash of white!" or

And that's off the top of my head... literally 30 seconds of thinking here by someone with an IQ of 110. C'mon Marvel!

Or even if he ignores the ironic Yoink...how about addressing that Underoos reference. Maybe a "Underoos? Hey, spandex is comfortable! Tell me, Stark, do you have stock in ointment for the rust irritating your crack?" Very uncool of iron man. Why does Tony have to keep cranking up his doosh factor? Line after line. And now doing it to the new guy. sheesh!!

As it was, I figure it is a moment away from Firestar and Iceman from sliding into scene stage right with the cry of "Go team Spidey!"

I want this too be good. I think as a whole the movie will be good. But wow. The trailer is so bad...so very very bad. As good as GOTG trailer was, this is the other end of the scale. Worst superhero trailer I've seen in over a year, I would bet.

-Terry

Wow, did we watch the same trailer? I thought it was well done and I'm usually pretty cynical about these.

-Terry

I feel the exact opposite of everything that you have said here.

The GOTG trailers were terrible. Thankfully the movie wasn't.

Spider-Man's Squinty Eyes Possibly Explained

DC Comics and Marvel artist Brad Walker pointed out on his Twitter that the squinty eyes of Spider-Man could be -- camera lenses! So it's possible what we see in the trailer is Spider-Man actually snapping photographs of The Avengers in action! Fans of Spider-Man will recall that Peter used to have a belt camera, and we do see this version of the costume is spot on with the comics, so Marvel Studios may simply have given Spidey a more contemporary upgrade.

SqTW6Y0.png

-Terry

I can agree with this. As thrilling as it was, it was certainly far from perfectly executed.

DC Comics and Marvel artist Brad Walker pointed out on his Twitter that the squinty eyes of Spider-Man could be -- camera lenses! So it's possible what we see in the trailer is Spider-Man actually snapping photographs of The Avengers in action! Fans of Spider-Man will recall that Peter used to have a belt camera, and we do see this version of the costume is spot on with the comics, so Marvel Studios may simply have given Spidey a more contemporary upgrade.

SqTW6Y0.png

But what would the purpose be? Why would he be snapping pics of the Avengers in one of the most heated and traumatic battles between them? What qualifies this as a photo op? Is he obtaining evidence? Seems fishy to me hm

SqTW6Y0.png

But what would the purpose be? Why would he be snapping pics of the Avengers in one of the most heated and traumatic battles between them? What qualifies this as a photo op? Is he obtaining evidence? Seems fishy to me hm

Maybe he's trying to make some cash on the side by selling photos to the Daily Bugle... :baiting: