• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

But what would the purpose be? Why would he be snapping pics of the Avengers in one of the most heated and traumatic battles between them? What qualifies this as a photo op? Is he obtaining evidence? Seems fishy to me hm

You mean because he is a kid living with his aunt?

It could be at this point he is trying to build up a portfolio of photos so when he graduates from high school, he can prove his camera skills to break into news reporting.

(shrug)

But what would the purpose be? Why would he be snapping pics of the Avengers in one of the most heated and traumatic battles between them? What qualifies this as a photo op? Is he obtaining evidence? Seems fishy to me hm

You mean because he is a kid living with his aunt?

It could be at this point he is trying to build up a portfolio of photos so when he graduates from high school, he can prove his camera skills to break into news reporting.

(shrug)

Yes, that would make sense, and I could see that as being the justification. But for some reason it just doesn't quite sit right with me. I personally hope it is just a matter of some comic book magic, suspension of disbelief that his mask is very skintight.

But I shouldn't prejudge! Bring on the show :foryou:

I feel like the first trailer had more gravitas (tension escalating to a crescendo) that this trailer completely lacked. And the one point they could have made it a really cool in a different way (as someone else pointed out) it was anticlimactic. I really liked the Paul Rudd Ant-man quips in that movies trailers. And a glib spider-man would have had me applauding.

"aye everybody!"

I was startled by the spiderman appearance. A split second of joy followed by a "feeling of wth was that?" After rewatching it a dozen or so times, in an attempt figure out why it fell so flat. I took note of all the things that I mentioned before. Sorry my opinion got some of your underoos in a bunch.

I don't buy the eyes are cameras. The don't blink or close completely like a camera shutter. They slowly narrow and stop. So unless it is the worlds slowest exposure using tin-type images, that's pretty unconvincing observation.

BTW, Spider-man will forever be known going forward as Underoos.

"Hey did you see that latest variant cover of Amazing Underoos?" "Yeah! It's great! Much better than the standard cover art on Underoos #22." "I hope Underoos and MJ get back together." ad infinitum.

Also, I actually liked the look of the spider-suit. But I also really liked the look of the suits in the Sony movies despite them not making a whole lot of sense as to how they were manufactured by a high school student. Lastly, the black panther suit IMO looks fantastic.

-Terry

I feel like the first trailer had more gravitas (tension escalating to a crescendo) that this trailer completely lacked. And the one point they could have made it a really cool in a different way (as someone else pointed out) it was anticlimactic. I really liked the Paul Rudd Ant-man quips in that movies trailers. And a glib spider-man would have had me applauding.

"aye everybody!"

I was startled by the spiderman appearance. A split second of joy followed by a "feeling of wth was that?" After rewatching it a dozen or so times, in an attempt figure out why it fell so flat. I took note of all the things that I mentioned before. Sorry my opinion got some of your underoos in a bunch.

I don't buy the eyes are cameras. The don't blink or close completely like a camera shutter. They slowly narrow and stop. So unless it is the worlds slowest exposure using tin-type images, that's pretty unconvincing observation.

BTW, Spider-man will forever be known going forward as Underoos.

"Hey did you see that latest variant cover of Amazing Underoos?" "Yeah! It's great! Much better than the standard cover art on Underoos #22." "I hope Underoos and MJ get back together." ad infinitum.

Also, I actually liked the look of the spider-suit. But I also really liked the look of the suits in the Sony movies despite them not making a whole lot of sense as to how they were manufactured by a high school student. Lastly, the black panther suit IMO looks fantastic.

-Terry

Terry, I think you and I are on pretty much the exact same page. And Spidey is my #1 guy, so don't think I'm biased hating on him. I look forward to seeing the final product to make a judgement. (thumbs u

How does a part time photographer/ student get such a cool costume?

Knowing your love of all things created by Tony Stark in the MCU...

Spider-Man's 'Civil War' Suit Is Allegedly A Tony Stark Creation

One of the most essential elements of Peter Parker's appearance is his divisive outfit, which has inspired supporters and detractors to create their own civil war online.

However, according to a source at Latino Review, the suit is more than just an aesthetic choice (as expected) and alludes to the side Spider-Man will be taking in the film.

The source claims that the more mechanized suit with dilating eyes and a sleek design was created by none other than Tony Stark.

:o

Huge Spoiler In The Latest 'Captain America' Trailer

Oh boy!

:ohnoez:

Well, we all know about the metal arm the Winter Soldier has, right?

huge-spoiler-in-the-latest-captain-america-trailer-that-everyone-missed-886196.jpg

Well...someone spotted a body lying on the floor behind Captain America, with the left arm torn off. Including a red star on the shoulder above the damage.

huge-spoiler-in-the-latest-captain-america-trailer-that-everyone-missed-886218.jpg

In reply to Boscos post:

giphy.gif

I collect silver/bronze age iron mans, and though I probably should be on team Stark, I'm 100% hoping that capt. hands IM his own tin a**. (I know how it ends from the comics, but I want to see Cap get in some serious licks).

The director has stated that he wanted to blur the lines of right and wrong a bit more than the Civil War comic plot. But I'm not buying the grey area argument.

Tony had just as much involvement as Captain with the events in that unraveled in NY, DC and Sakovia. So it's a straw man argument by Gen.Ross that the heroes are the cause (Did we blame the NYCFD for 9/11?) . In fact, Stark has responsibility, because he created Ultron..And as far as the destruction in DC, who's technology was hijacked causing helacarriers to crash into public works? Did cap build those??? Scarlet Witch in military manufacturing now??? So if anyone is a loose canon causing massive destruction, it's Stark. So cap freed Bucky....and Stark technology is what allowed the entire capital of Sakovia to go sub orbital. But, hey that shield is a dangerous weapon....We're going to have to put you and the rest of these rogue heroes on ice. Uh. Actually sounds a lot like the American govt. So that's pretty true to life.

What team are you on, and why? Do you support your favorite marvel hero, their standpoint or are you on the other side? (Or should this be a new thread?)

Spidey's eyes could be closing to adjust to the light.

Imagine he's swinging between buildings in the shade, they'd open up. Flip up, need to locate the next web hold and he's looking into a bright sun, they'd close.