• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Just amazing to see Marvel rising to such heights and DC sinking to such lows all within a 5-week span. :ohnoez:

The FF 20th Century Fox still sucks :sumo:

Fixed. (tsk)

Marvel Cancelled the FF comic book series - insert evil laugh till you shed a tear

Just amazing to see Marvel rising to such heights and DC sinking to such lows all within a 5-week span. :ohnoez:

Fixed. (tsk)

Marvel Cancelled the FF comic book series - insert evil laugh till you shed a tear

And they killed their most popular character ever behind Spider-Man, Wolverine. The leading conspiracy theory is they did all of it trying to starve those properties out of Fox's hands for the movies. The definitely have put a hold on creating new mutant characters so that Fox doesn't get them.

While I don't blame the critics for the panning of BVS. I do feel like the media has a Marvel bias when it comes to reviewing these films. I mean 9.8 out of 10? That kind of score..this better be best picture worthy.

Early reviews are ALWAYS higher than the finals are. Something closer to the reviews on the first Avengers movie are more likely than what we're seeing now.

While I don't blame the critics for the panning of BVS. I do feel like the media has a Marvel bias when it comes to reviewing these films. I mean 9.8 out of 10? That kind of score..this better be best picture worthy.

Early reviews are ALWAYS higher than the finals are. Something closer to the reviews on the first Avengers movie are more likely than what we're seeing now.

Disney is a huge. Im sure that there's a bit of bias on behalf of some individuals. Not all and not to say their product isn't what it has always been - vanilla flavored ice cream for the masses (my favorite type of ice cream) but it's a bit odd that every Pixar film is a 99 percent, every animated film the same, every marvel film as well.

I am curious to read the reviews of those critics that are very anti super hero films and their take on this movie.

...every Pixar film is a 99 percent...

Good Dinosaur - 76%

Monsters University - 78%

Brave - 78%

Cars 2 - 39%

Cars - 74%

The ones that are close to 99% are the ones that deserve it.

Still pretty damn high scores. What was the last Disney movie that was below 50%?

Good Dinosaur - 76%

Brave - 78%

Cars 2 - 39%

Cars - 74%

Still pretty damn high scores. What was the last Disney movie that was below 50%?

:makepoint:

Fixed. (tsk)

And they killed their most popular character ever behind Spider-Man, Wolverine. The leading conspiracy theory is they did all of it trying to starve those properties out of Fox's hands for the movies. The definitely have put a hold on creating new mutant characters so that Fox doesn't get them.

True enough, but due to the lack of outcry I don't think anyone really cares about the FF anymore. As I tease my older collector friends, they peaked in the late 60s and have been relatively irrelevant since then.

The beauty of the situation now is that Fox can put out a crappy low budget FF film every so many years and still retain the property as leverage for dealings with Disney/Marvel related to the X-franchise. lol

Good Dinosaur - 76%

Brave - 78%

Cars 2 - 39%

Cars - 74%

Of course Planes (which came out the year two years after Cars 2) got an even lower rating.

Good Dinosaur - 76%

Brave - 78%

Cars 2 - 39%

Cars - 74%

Of course Planes (which came out the year two years after Cars 2) got an even lower rating.

So is planes the last one? That's a pretty good run.

Turns out Planes (and Planes 2) were just Disney Animation.

Last Disney film under 50% - Tomorrowland - 5/20/2016

Last Disney Animation film under 50% - Planes: Fire and Rescue - 7/18/2014

Last Pixar under 50% - Cars 2 - 6/24/2011

And you're right. Disney has a very good track record. Mostly, I suspect, because they make good films.

While I started with FF during the Byrne issues and really liked it, my problem with the run is that none of the stories really stand out for me. They were all pretty good, but none of it was iconic. Similar thing for the Waid/Wieringo run in the 2000s, very high quality but very few iconic stories. Although I did really like Waid's take on Doom's origin as a young man in love and his beginnings as a sorcerer in issue 496.

http://marvel.com/images/97993#0-97993

4bc3b9614c5cd.jpg