• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think about cream off white pages

64 posts in this topic

My last submission was about a year ago - 4 PCH books. They all had varying page quality to my eyes, ranging from cream to ow/w. All four came back ow/w. After that I stopped paying attention to CGC's page quality unless it included tan or brittle somewhere in the description.

Yet another reason to not pay too much attention to the PQ. Agreed.

Yes, it appears to be pretty inconsistent. I know when I would assign a CR/OW and more than often the few books I deslabbed had a better page quality than stated, or slightly worse.

I would personally stick with OW, but if it is an early SA Marvel, I can settle as usually the cream part is a bit around edges, and not bad at all. I am more worried about paper degradation of the cover (especially tanning on the spine), which you can easily tell from a picture of the book.

Who truly determines if a comic book is in fact a key issue I'm just curious is all because it seems like you people are saying that key issue books generally speaking sell for more money this may be true on a scenario however since gocollect.com doesn't check graded books being sold on Facebook marketplace or MECARI sales app. Then who is truly going to know what is and isn't a actually high value comic book itself because you see I didn't have to worry about what I collected in my day and still don't I collect everything so truly trust me when I say this I don't care all that much for keys I have them yes and I have rare keys as well. But there has to be a point in time that key comic books thing is truly overrated take for example what would you value a ACTION COMICS 94 CGC GRADED 8.0 to be I'm just curious is all because overstreet price guide says it's worth $1000 dollars and we'll I sold this book yesterday on MECARI app for $1292.09 when I get paid everything this is after they took their part out so you see my question is what would you pay for it and why wouldn't this dinosaur of a comic book in a very high grade be considered a key comic book?IMG_20210325_081800.thumb.jpg.fe9892b16171f1ed48fbe2a24d9796eb.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-220357_1.png

Edited by David&KrisComics
Update pic