• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Hero 6 Movie Review

88 posts in this topic

Just saw the movie last night with the wife and kids and they loved it. I am big comic fan but never heard of Big Hero 6 until Disney made the announcement of the movie. Yes, I am sure they changed the characters to make them family friendly but look at how much a wider audience these characters will now reach. Loved the puffy marshmallow robot, Baymax.

Thumbs up.

I thought this was fantastic and much better then I expected it to be. I would highly recommend people give it a chance. I'm sure it bears no resemblance to its source material but its so far removed that ceases to matter and its just a fun well told story.

For anybody who was seen the movie, did you notice any Marvel easter eggs thoughout the movie? I read someplace that while it is not connected to the cinematic universe, the directors had some fun in planting easter eggs as a hat tip to comic fans.

For anybody who was seen the movie, did you notice any Marvel easter eggs thoughout the movie? I read somplace that while it is not connected to the cinematic universe, the directors had some fun in planting easter eggs as a hat tip to comic fans.

Yes there are some small Marvel easter eggs…especially in Fred's room.

There is also an after credits scene. And they continue the tradition that is in most Marvel movies ever since the first X-Men!

And it was a fantastic movie. It is "Disney-ified" but that was to be expected. Baymax and Fred were the stand out characters.

BOX OFFICE MOJO: Disney's 'Big Hero 6' Eclipses Nolan's 'Interstellar'

--------------------

Playing at 3,761 theaters, Big Hero 6 opened to an estimated $56.2 million this weekend. That's up 15 percent from fellow Disney Animation movie Wreck-It Ralph, which opened to $49 million around the same time in 2012. Big Hero 6 also had the second-highest animated opening of the year ahead of How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($49.5 million).

This is undeniably a strong start for Big Hero 6: it's rare that an original animated movie opens to $50-million-plus. By promoting the unique, humorous robot Baymax, Disney managed to get huge turnout from family moviegoers (they represented 72 percent of attendance this weekend). Still, there was an assumption that Frozen's phenomenal success had elevated the Disney Animation brand to a new level, and that didn't exactly prove true this weekend.

With an "A" CinemaScore and strong reviews, Big Hero 6 should play well in the coming weeks. If it holds up like Wreck-It Ralph, it will end its run with over $215 million.

--------------------

:applause:

BOX OFFICE MOJO: Disney's 'Big Hero 6' Eclipses Nolan's 'Interstellar'

--------------------

Playing at 3,761 theaters, Big Hero 6 opened to an estimated $56.2 million this weekend. That's up 15 percent from fellow Disney Animation movie Wreck-It Ralph, which opened to $49 million around the same time in 2012. Big Hero 6 also had the second-highest animated opening of the year ahead of How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($49.5 million).

This is undeniably a strong start for Big Hero 6: it's rare that an original animated movie opens to $50-million-plus. By promoting the unique, humorous robot Baymax, Disney managed to get huge turnout from family moviegoers (they represented 72 percent of attendance this weekend). Still, there was an assumption that Frozen's phenomenal success had elevated the Disney Animation brand to a new level, and that didn't exactly prove true this weekend.

With an "A" CinemaScore and strong reviews, Big Hero 6 should play well in the coming weeks. If it holds up like Wreck-It Ralph, it will end its run with over $215 million.

--------------------

:applause:

Very well deserved. Interstellar was kind of a mess. BH6 was just unadulterated fun. I loved it.

Went to see it today with my son. He really liked it and I thought it was good. I must admit I liked the cartoon short before the movie better than the movie itself. Definitely worth seeing.

Enjoyed the movie and the cartoon short was wonderful. I wish a Superman cartoon could be done the same way.

Took my nephew, girlfriend, and her brother today. We got to Carmike 5 min. before the showtime and the place was packed. We couldn't get a seat, and quite a few families couldn't get seats as well. So we got a refund and drove across town to the smaller, independent theater. Got in 5 min. ahead of the showtime with plenty of seats. As for the movie, we all enjoyed it.

Hiro: "Do the fist thing."

Baymax: "......Budaludaluda" :roflmao: