• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any news or rumours about The Young Avengers Book

24 posts in this topic

There was a "Young Guns Sketchbook" that had some of Jimmy Cheung's art and the names of the characters in the notes:

Asgardian

Patriot

Iron Lad

Hulkling

There was also a seven page preview

Iron Lad and Hulkling? Yeeech!

By the way, is this Young Avengers series going to take place knowing that the Avengers once existed? Or is it a completely new Universe?

There was a "Young Guns Sketchbook" that had some of Jimmy Cheung's art and the names of the characters in the notes:

Asgardian

Patriot

Iron Lad

Hulkling

There was also a seven page preview

Iron Lad and Hulkling? Yeeech!

By the way, is this Young Avengers series going to take place knowing that the Avengers once existed? Or is it a completely new Universe?

If you read the preview they mention previous Avengers so its safe to day its in regular universe

So far Marvel's hype machine keeps saying this will be the breakout book of the year, but fan reaction has been poor, so this book could go either way.

I like Cheung's art, and he's signed up as a guest at our show in April, so I'm definitely going to check it out. It's sad to say, but I watched the OC Season 1 on DVD back in December and I kind of liked it... especially the comic book references... so that's another reason why I'm willing to give it a chance.

From the looks of it the premise is that four youths, inspired by the absence of the Avengers, decide to band together. At least one of the four characters has appeared before in the Marvel Universe. My guess is that the Bucky-inspired Captain America wannabe is in fact Vance Astrovik (Justice). The costume bears some resemblance to the costume Astro wears in the future as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

In the link Rob provided, the comments were mostly positive.I glanced at the artwork but try not to read previews of books I plan to buy. It only takes five minutes to read a book these days so why shorten even that.

The names are throwbacks to the old Legion days,which is a plus for me.I'll be buying the first couple of issues,at a minimum.

The OC foreheadslap.gif

I've heard there are several comic book references, but ....... I don't even know what to say. I'm almost sad that of all people, Boyd admits to watching it. I'll stick to the Seinfeld DVD's for my superhero references, even if they're only DC references. insane.gif