• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony making a Aunt May movie, without spider-man?

55 posts in this topic

interesting comment from a user on the actual latino review article:

"I really think the situation is being misread, to the best of my knowledge Spider-Girl was ALSO named May Parker, and while it would be odd for them to do a movie on a side-verse, it makes more sense that they'd make a Spidey's kid movie before they did a Spidey's aunt movie."

This makes much more sense. (thumbs u

Until you remember that they killed off his love interest, so how does Sony connect this "Spidey's kid" to the universe they've so thoughtfully crafted (yes, that last part is sarcasm).

If you're Disney/Marvel ... Sitting on, I don't know...half of the money on planet earth? When is enough enough? Dr Doom reduced to a computer hacker? Either an Aunt May movie or a movie based on a Spider-kid which ...from what my parents explained to me..can't happen without a man and a women who love each other very much...

PAY WHAT IT TAKES, buy the rights back. There's always a price.

Until you remember that they killed off his love interest, so how does Sony connect this "Spidey's kid" to the universe they've so thoughtfully crafted (yes, that last part is sarcasm).

well, an old teacher of Peter's could show up, tell him he needs to come with him right now, and that where they are going, they dont NEED roads

I dont really follow spider-man, but I tried to look some of this up just to get a sense of who May Parker is.

Given the alternate universe origin of Spider-Gwen, and that May Parker is both an alternate universe (child of MJ and Peter), and the first Spider-Girl, seems like it legitimately could be about her.

I think latino review is probably assuming May Parker = Aunt May, while, it is in fact a Spider-Girl movie that they are referring to, and an attempt by Sony to have a female super-hero movie, a la Captain Marvel/Wonder-Woman.

Why they might go for a Spider-Girl movie, instead of Spider-Woman, I dont know. Maybe the connection to Peter and the possible drama it involves, or maybe the rights to Spider-Woman arent clear cut? (I dont know).

But Aunt May movie, imo, no way...

I have no idea, just something someone posted on the article as a comment. But it wouldnt surprise me if the article writers were way off.

Like when Ragnarok was announced, and the bloggers just google Marvel Raganarok, and started writing articles about the clone from civil war. It took a while for people to realize that was the wrong Ragnarok (that it was the event, not the character).

Hopefully its a case of the same thing, wrong May Parker

The same thing happened with the Garfield Spider-Man, as the Garfield Spider-Man is based more on Ultimate Spider-Man, then the Lee and Ditko version.

So

Andrew Garfield Spider-Man= Ultimate Spider-Man(Bendis&Bagley).

Tobey Maguire Spider-Man = Classic Spider-Man (Lee&Ditko).

If the majority of old-timers realized that the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies are based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books,then they probably would have enjoyed it more. Similar to how the Avengers movie was more based on Ultimate Avengers, then the classic Avengers.

Sony should have called the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies The Ultimate Spider-Man, instead of Amazing Spider-Man, so old-time Spider-Man fans would know to avoid confusion.

An example is I loved Classic Coke, and was disappointed when they tried to give me the new Coke.

;)

From the Ten Commandments of comics:

Anyone associated with a superhero will at some point themselves get super powers.

Or as CBT said...

Perhaps a Days of Future Past type storyline where May Parker must go back in time and right some wrong to prevent the death of her father, Peter Parker.

Or as CBT said...

Perhaps a Days of Future Past type storyline where May Parker must go back in time and right some wrong to prevent the death of her father, Peter Parker.

I think they want to sell more Lego Aunt May. The sales of Lego Aunt May will skyrocket if there is a movie. :)

Aunt_May.jpg