• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

This was asked the other day concerning Geoff Johns influencing DCEU movies going forward. Wonder Woman will be the first big one under his leadership.

No Worries About Wonder Woman Movie: Geoff Johns Is On It

Regarding Wonder Woman, this will be the first DC movie that Geoff Johns is directly involved with. Johns helped write the Wonder Woman -script, and he was also on set in England. Following the Batman Vs. Superman fallout, Johns was elevated to President of DC Entertainment, and you can even argue he is in a better position than that of Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige.

While Feige is simply in charge of the Marvel movies, Geoff Johns is involved with all forms of DC: from movies, to TV, to comics to gaming. The Batman Vs. Superman fallout also saw various producers ousted from having much influence, so Wonder Woman probably won't have the interference that Suicide Squad (lots of cuts and versions) and even Batman Vs. Superman (didn't let Snyder go ahead with his cut of the movie) had.

The writers of Green Lantern also recently came out and said not to blame them as the version of the movie was a lot different than their -script. I think the pattern we see is that the execs/producers at WB (whoever they are) interfered with these movies a bit too much, but the good news is that they are apparently no longer involved.

:wishluck::wishluck:

This was asked the other day concerning Geoff Johns influencing DCEU movies going forward. Wonder Woman will be the first big one under his leadership.

No Worries About Wonder Woman Movie: Geoff Johns Is On It

Regarding Wonder Woman, this will be the first DC movie that Geoff Johns is directly involved with. Johns helped write the Wonder Woman -script, and he was also on set in England. Following the Batman Vs. Superman fallout, Johns was elevated to President of DC Entertainment, and you can even argue he is in a better position than that of Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige.

While Feige is simply in charge of the Marvel movies, Geoff Johns is involved with all forms of DC: from movies, to TV, to comics to gaming. The Batman Vs. Superman fallout also saw various producers ousted from having much influence, so Wonder Woman probably won't have the interference that Suicide Squad (lots of cuts and versions) and even Batman Vs. Superman (didn't let Snyder go ahead with his cut of the movie) had.

The writers of Green Lantern also recently came out and said not to blame them as the version of the movie was a lot different than their -script. I think the pattern we see is that the execs/producers at WB (whoever they are) interfered with these movies a bit too much, but the good news is that they are apparently no longer involved.

I really hope this is good. I have very high hopes for it from the trailer & since WW was easily the best part of BvS.

But this is also DC's last chance for me after all 3 movies so far being lackluster to passable, but nothing good yet. If this doesn't at least let me leave the theater having enjoyed myself, DC's releases all are going to the "I'll wait for Netflix" category.

I really hope this is good. I have very high hopes for it from the trailer & since WW was easily the best part of BvS.

But this is also DC's last chance for me after all 3 movies so far being lackluster to passable, but nothing good yet. If this doesn't at least let me leave the theater having enjoyed myself, DC's releases all are going to the "I'll wait for Netflix" category.

I feel the same way. I didn't HATE BvS or SS, but they were just ok. And there's too many actually good movies I want to watch out there to keep wasting my time and money at the theatres. WW is the last hope...

I feel the same way. I didn't HATE BvS or SS, but they were just ok. And there's too many actually good movies I want to watch out there to keep wasting my time and money at the theatres. WW is the last hope...

:roflmao: The trailer does look really good but we all know how they take everything out of context. I love that secretary/slavery bit though. :cloud9: Priceless.

Gal Gadot Shares Wonder Woman Behind-The-Scenes Fighting Scene

W36HdzZ.png

Since today is Thursday and Gal Gadot likes to share "Throwback" photos, the Israeli model-turned-actress has posted a new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice behind-the-scenes image.

It features Gadot, who is dressed in her superhero costume and has an intense and angry look on her face, fighting Doomsday, who is just a mere man in a motion-capture suit. If my recollection is correction, this is from the scene in which Wonder Woman blocks an attack from Doomsday with her sword and then cuts off the beast's hand.

Pretty cool to see directors from different studios being into each others productions like that.

Gunn and Wonder Woman director, Patty Jenkins, had a fun exchange on Twitter earlier today, commenting on an image supporting Marvel and DC fans co-existing, though they would prefer to call it "coW-existing."

LaBy3Bm.png

vsi3QWE.png

I really hope it does well. It will open up a flood gate for Women Super Hero Movies if it does well.

Not WW fan, but Id like to see this continue. The past few years as a comic book zombie from the 80s has been wonderful not matter how some pick apart the movies.

20 years ago I would have never dreamed this type of scenario for my comics.

Wonder Woman: Elena Anaya Teases Villain Role

wonderwoman-villain-200820.png

One of the interesting things about the upcoming Wonder Woman movie is that much of is still shrouded in mystery. Like for example: We still aren't 100% sure who the villain (or villains) will be. Although after seeing the first trailer, which debuted during San Diego Comic Con this year, many speculated that one of the villains will be the mysterious woman wearing a multi-piece facial prosthetic — presumably covering a disfigured face — over her nose, jaw, and lips, as well as the jaw and cheek on the left side of her face.

If that's what you speculated, you were right! Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In, Habitación en Roma), the Spanish actress that portrays the mysterious woman, revealed in a recent interview that her character is indeed villainous.

"Well, it was a small role in this big ensemble, but it is an important character in the story," Anaya told the Spanish website SensaCine (via Batman-News). "It’s directed by Patty Jenkins, then there’s Gal Gadot as our main lead, Chris Pine as her co-lead and I’m going to be… a big nightmare for the two of them."

I think it is a ruse. I wouldn't be surprised if this is really Circe in disguise.

What she looks like without the disfigurement mask.

bkbOely.png

Wikipedia page for Elena Anaya has her listed as Circe in the filmography section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Anaya#Filmography

HOLY SHAZBOT!

:o

Lynda Carter To Appear When United Nations Declares Wonder Woman Day

The actress will be in New York City for the special ceremony which will see the United Nations declare October 21 officially Wonder Woman Day. The date marks the character's 75th anniversary, and Carter recently spoke to Closer Weekly about why the character has continued to experience such immense popularity.

“Wonder Woman taught women to be who you are,” Lynda tells Closer. “I have received the greatest letters from people telling me what an inspiration she was to them because she represents an inner strength every woman has.”

It's hard to envision a scenario where Wonder Woman never made it to television, but it took some time before the weight of the network got behind the show.

“TV executives didn’t think there was a market for a female holding a show like Wonder Woman,” Lynda marvels. “Women were buying all their products, yet men dominated the shows.”

:whee:

NYCC: DC Collectibles Reveals New WONDER WOMAN Statues Based On The DCEU Film

ZAVKAhK.png

DC Collectibles kicked off New York Comic-Con today with the reveal of three incredible statues based on Patty Jenkins' upcoming Wonder Woman film. The statues feature Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman in both Amazonian training attire and her classic costume, along with Chris Pine's Steve Trevor.

:takeit::takeit::takeit: