• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

You and me both and along time coming (thumbs u
:headbang:

It is incredible how much the tone has changed about Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman.

But you have to recognize her for the achievement, as she packed on 17 pounds of muscle with her training to get over the 'too skinny' concerns.

:applause:

Man, I was in Hall H when this premiered and it was incredible. I was super pumped. Trailer looks so good. I love that the lasso glows and the fights scenes look so powerful. Just really really good looking. Can't wait for this movie

It is incredible how much the tone has changed about Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman.

But you have to recognize her for the achievement, as she packed on 17 pounds of muscle with her training to get over the 'too skinny' concerns.

Indeed I was a doubter. Her presence in the BvS movie put my initial fears to rest and the trailer just confirms her as a great pick for the role.

Surely, no one ever said that...?

Even though its all comics and fantasy, most people want some realism to the physicality of the way the character looks. Superman doesn't need to be buff, and in reality, it would be very hard to actually build that much muscle and definition, given his innate strength. So they don't want a waify Wonder Woman.

Even though its all comics and fantasy, most people want some realism to the physicality of the way the character looks. Superman doesn't need to be buff, and in reality, it would be very hard to actually build that much muscle and definition, given his innate strength. So they don't want a waify Wonder Woman.

I was being funny :)

However, Gadot isn't waify, with or without the extra muscle. She's just not Xena Warrior Princess.

However, Gadot isn't waify, with or without the extra muscle. She's just not Xena Warrior Princess.

Gadot and Lucy Lawless are virtually identically sized at 5' 10" and 135 to 140 pounds, although when she first took the part Gadot was at modern waif model weight and under 125 pounds.

Gadot and Lucy Lawless are virtually identically sized at 5' 10" and 135 to 140 pounds, although when she first took the part Gadot was at modern waif model weight and under 125 pounds.

Lucy Lawless has lost weight since her Xena days. And we must have a different understanding of the word "waif". I would not describe Gadot as a waif, even in BvS.

Lucy Lawless has lost weight since her Xena days. And we must have a different understanding of the word "waif". I would not describe Gadot as a waif, even in BvS.

I don't think anyone was talking about Gadot in BvS. That was after she put on muscle mass. I think everyone is talking about her pre-BvS.

I think you could easily describe her as a "waif" prior to BvS though. At least certainly in F&F, Fast 5 and F&F 6. She was significantly thinner with significantly less muscle mass when she was in those movies. I don't think anyone would have objected to the "waif" term at that point.

When she first got the part, she was still waif-thin from her modeling days when she was 115 to 120 instead of 135 to 140. Here she is back when she modeled:

Gal%20Gadot%20(15).jpg

Understanding that the average American female size is 5'4", 140lbs, Gadot would probably be considered borderline anorexic during her modeling days, and "waify thin" now even with her added "muscle".

-J.

Understanding that the average American female size is 5'4", 140lbs, Gadot would probably be considered borderline anorexic during her modeling days, and "waify thin" now even with her added "muscle".

Other way around. Before packing on 17 pounds of muscle on her 5'10" frame, she looked sickly thin. The second photo is her at the BvS launch party, and you can clearly tell she looks much healthier now and thicker around the arms.

JayeZ8b.jpg

Other way around. Before packing on 17 pounds of muscle on her 5'10" frame, she looked sickly thin. The second photo is her at the BvS launch party, and you can clearly tell she looks much healthier now and thicker around the arms.

JayeZ8b.jpg

Maybe she should use the Mountain's bulking up method...he went from 240 pounds to 400 pounds now, so surely she can get up to 200! :idea: Then she could fit the Frank Cho bulky wonder woman image! :blush:

maxresdefault.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-07-14-at-11.58.13-AM-650x463.png

Also for every 20 pounds of fat a woman puts on, she gets about half a pound to two pounds of boob depending upon how big she is to begin with. I knew a girl who was 5' 1" and 125 pounds who was a bit chunky for her size, but she didn't want to lose weight and go from a D-cup to a C-cup. Kelly Brook does the same thing, stays at the upper edge of her weight for her frame so that she's more curvy. Christina Hendricks goes even further than Brook by staying in her BMI overweight range so that her boobs are huge; she has a D or an E cup when she's thin but goes up to F or G while overweight. Gadot will fill out the costume better from multiple perspectives at the upper range of her weight. :cloud9:

-J.

Is that true? I would have thought the average North American female would have been heavier than that! I'm obviously spending too much time at Walmart... :tonofbricks:

-J.

Is that true? I would have thought the average North American female would have been heavier than that! I'm obviously spending too much time at Walmart... :tonofbricks:

Make America Waif Again!

When she first got the part, she was still waif-thin from her modeling days when she was 115 to 120 instead of 135 to 140. Here she is back when she modeled:

Gal%20Gadot%20(15).jpg

Now that's waif-like. However that's not how she appeared in BvS.

-J.

I stand corrected !

It looks as though the CDC just revised the average American female height/weight late last year to 5'4", 166 pounds. :ohnoez:

-J.