• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

WONDER WOMAN Director Patty Jenkins Share Some Ideas For A Possible Sequel

66aab97b2f22fd9eb81cee8226cfdbcc.jpg

Should this first solo outing be a success, a sequel is obviously a guarantee and director Patty Jenkins already has some ideas for where she plans on taking sequels starring the Amazon warrior. 

"I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero," Jenkins told the Toronto Sun in a recent interview after being quizzed about the future of the franchise. "I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film." That sounds like a great direction to take things in. 

It's obviously always good to get the origin story out of the way and asked to elaborate on why it was important to address that here, Jenkins added: "I always thought the origin story would be the great way to go. I love origin superhero stories and I love the simplicity you can have with that journey. Also, there was the fact that no one had done her story and the fact that I love her. So it was a treasure trove of potential."

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

What is this picture?  It appears to have nothing to do with that Patty Jenkins article, but obviously I like it because boobs.  :luhv:

Cosplayers celebrating the upcoming movie.

:martini:

14 minutes ago, 50AE_DE said:

Isn't this coming out on the 2nd of June?  The thread title shows a different date.

After one year (at least that was the rule with the old forum software), you can't edit the title. Since this thread was started back in 2015, we reached that point.

1 hour ago, 50AE_DE said:

Just reading the title I would have thought the movie comes out later.  

I updated the Marvel-DC release calendar with some movie changes. That has the right Wonder Woman date.

Wonder Woman: The Advice Lynda Carter Gave Patty Jenkins

wonderwoman-lyndacarter-galgadot-993913-

In a recent interview with Variety, Jenkins revealed that she actually reached out to Carter before filming commenced. Carter's take on the character had a lot to do with Jenkins love of the character, and character was at the heart of Carter's advice. “Some of the best advice she gave me was, ‘I never stopped playing Diana when I started playing Wonder Woman. This is a person with character and emotion and feeling. You don’t want her to be an automaton or someone we don’t relate to.”

This updated version brings the character to a whole new audience, but actress Gal Gadot knows despite their best efforts, you can't please everyone. “Having been in the world for 75 years, she comes with a lot of expectations and many preconceived ideas, mainly from the comics, but also from the TV show,” says Gadot. “I think it would be impossible to match everyone’s vision for her.”

The good news is it seems they already have a solid vision of Diana, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

2 hours ago, Thawk said:

Does anyone know if there are comic variants that use Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman on the cover?

Another series of exclusive variant covers celebrates the upcoming feature film BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE with variant covers for issues #50 of SUPERMAN, BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN. Each sells for $10, and features a photo cover of each of the three principal actors in the film, Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman).

From: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/03/01/dc-entertainment-reveals-wondercon-2016-variant-covers

1 minute ago, The Brain said:

Another series of exclusive variant covers celebrates the upcoming feature film BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE with variant covers for issues #50 of SUPERMAN, BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN. Each sells for $10, and features a photo cover of each of the three principal actors in the film, Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman).

From: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/03/01/dc-entertainment-reveals-wondercon-2016-variant-covers

Thanks - sorry I should have been more specific.  Was hoping for some of the poster art for the new WW movie.  Those Empire covers are beautiful and was hoping for a comic with the same :)  Thanks for the response though.

2 hours ago, Thawk said:

Thanks - sorry I should have been more specific.  Was hoping for some of the poster art for the new WW movie.  Those Empire covers are beautiful and was hoping for a comic with the same :)  Thanks for the response though.

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Advance-Movie-Poster/dp/B01JJKZ7CC

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Authentic-Original-Poster/dp/B01N6DWLJ1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=joblosmovieempor&linkCode=ur2&keywords=Wonder Woman Movie Poster