• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Lynda Carter Reviews Wonder Woman Movie

XDt1tJn.png

Carter attended the premiere of Wonder Woman, where she met Gal Gadot, the film’s star. In a tweet after the premiere, Carter had nothing but praise for both the film and Gadot’s performance.

“What a wonderful movie!!” Carter wrote in her tweet. “Gal Gadot is fabulous as Wonder Woman. I had so much fun at the premiere.”

The official review embargo for Wonder Woman may still be in place, but Warner Bros. is getting a head start on using positive critical reactions to promote the film in the United Kingdom.

Warner Bros. has put up a billboard in the United Kingdom showing a series of four-star reviews from British outlets including Time Out, Radio Times, Empire, and Total FilmThere’s also a quote from the Time Out review praising star Gal Gadot’s performance. The quote reads, “Gal Gadot makes a knockout Wonder Woman.”

The outlets all operate on a five-star review scales, so these ratings aren’t perfect, but they’re still good. By comparison, most of these outlets gave previous DC Extended Universe movies Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad three stars or less.

shoddy reporting: Time Out London & Empire both gave SS 4 stars - still WW will not fall into the critical abyss of the prior two DCEU disasters :wishluck:

Edited by paperheart

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

XDt1tJn.png

Carter attended the premiere of Wonder Woman, where she met Gal Gadot, the film’s star. In a tweet after the premiere, Carter had nothing but praise for both the film and Gadot’s performance.

“What a wonderful movie!!” Carter wrote in her tweet. “Gal Gadot is fabulous as Wonder Woman. I had so much fun at the premiere.”

Lynda is still gorgeous!

12 minutes ago, piper said:

Lynda is still gorgeous!

Indeed!

The new WW is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The old WW is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The girl dressed as WW in the middle background is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The ginger to the left holding the picture, ehhh not so much. :sorry:

XDt1tJn.png

I'm reading The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore now, as well as Super Boys: The Amazing Adventures of Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster-The Creators of Superman by Brad Ricca.

It's not a link, but reading off the written page for information is so retro. :cloud9: 

8 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Indeed!

The new WW is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The old WW is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The girl dressed as WW in the middle background is gorgeous!  :headbang:

The ginger to the left holding the picture, ehhh not so much. :sorry:

XDt1tJn.png

Yes, Linda Carter still has it! Still a knockout! Just beautiful!

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I was going to start to bump all the posts that had an issue with Gadot as Wonder Woman but forgot those are in the BvS thread and don't want to wake that monster again

that's it's set 100 years before the dreadful DCEU we've seen on film is only one of the reasons it's going to be good.  79 Metacritic, 97 RT :banana:

I am curious to see where this film ends up at the box office. SS was an okay popcorn flick that did way better than expected due to the female viewership. This movie should do even better as even non comic movie watching women I know and/or work with are excited to see it. 

"This gave Gal Gadot the chance to truly shine, while giving us a fresh and intoxicating vision courtesy of Patty Jenkins. THIS IS THE MOVIE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!"

"They got the comedy right with a 'fish out of water' concept. But it also brings the emotion where appropriate. Wonder Woman also shows humanity. Pacing aside, I really enjoyed Wonder Woman!"