• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey guys....this is my life we're talking about....

126 posts in this topic

History has a way of being rewritten more often than not. Ernie provided an incredible service to collectors of the golden age. However, as we have seen, he was wrong probably more than he was right. Ashcans are great (just ask moondog) but a fawcet can is probably worth (due to limited demand) way on the low end of your estimate. Maybe even under. That said, I wish you the best of luck

Didn't Moondog's ashcans perform poorly when he sold them on Heritage/
I think many did...unfortunately, ashcans just don't hold high demand with the avg collector of the GA....

History has a way of being rewritten more often than not. Ernie provided an incredible service to collectors of the golden age. However, as we have seen, he was wrong probably more than he was right. Ashcans are great (just ask moondog) but a fawcet can is probably worth (due to limited demand) way on the low end of your estimate. Maybe even under. That said, I wish you the best of luck

faucetcan.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a five-figure sale is possible, but not guaranteed. A six-figure sale isn't going to happen. If form holds true, they will end up in Mark Zaid's collection.

Zaid already has several Fawcett Flash Comics 1 (Capt. Marvel cover CGC 9.0 and Golden Arrow CGC 9.0) and DC Flash Comics 1 (CGC 9.4). And I believe for the Fawcett Capt. Marvel collectors that the Thrill 1 is the rarer (only 3 copies) and thus more desirable book (Zaid's is only a 4.5).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a five-figure sale is possible, but not guaranteed. A six-figure sale isn't going to happen. If form holds true, they will end up in Mark Zaid's collection.

he's gonna have a helluva time outbidding me

not.

faucetcan.jpg

blame siri

FAR less important and less rare comics have sold for more than my [$900,000] asking price.

hm

Must admit that line did catch my eye as well. hm

Other than Action #1 and Tec #27, I assume no single comic has ever sold at that level?

(And that said, does anyone know offhand the highest sale price recorded for a comic not counting those two books?)