• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 CLUB : THE INTERGALACTIC BEACH CLUB II
11 11

332 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 3:22 AM, Beardown said:

I finally pulled the trigger on these two books.  Will definitely add #50 in the future but for now I couldn't be happier to add these two to our collection.

Nice pair! (thumbsu

On 8/13/2021 at 6:45 PM, DST said:

Upgraded my 5.5 WP copy to this gorgeous 6.0 WP.  It used to be an 8.0 WP restored but had CT removed around the bottom staple and a couple of spots of dried glue removed (one on Johnny Storm's pants and the other just above one of the back buildings).

FF48.thumb.jpg.13c024c7d0c29cc66c370065d3eb0f09.jpg

Looks wayeeee better than 6.0. Is there ct scrape on lower staple on bc also?

On 8/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Looks wayeeee better than 6.0. Is there ct scrape on lower staple on bc also?

No just the CT removal on the bottom staple of the front cover and the couple of glue spots removed.  The BC is immaculate.  Probably the nicest 6.0 you'll ever see now(thumbsu

On 9/17/2021 at 10:26 PM, Gazoony said:

What are your guys thoughts on this? Almost 40k higher than the previous 9.8 sale. 👀

Great sig placement, but bad wrap. $144,000 is a pretty wild price for this. 

Screenshot_20210918-012137_Chrome.jpg

on one hand, there are only 5 ff48 9.8s that are signed. that's a very small pool if you're a wealthy collector and want one. if there are two of you guys, then i can see how this could happen. on the other hand, as many have extensively discussed lately, HA is able to both bid on and buy its own books and games. so, this could be a fake sale designed to pump gpa for future real sales of this book. at the end of the day, i do not trust heritage results unless other sources come back with similar numbers. 

On 9/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, alexgross.com said:

on one hand, there are only 5 ff48 9.8s that are signed. that's a very small pool if you're a wealthy collector and want one. if there are two of you guys, then i can see how this could happen. on the other hand, as many have extensively discussed lately, HA is able to both bid on and buy its own books and games. so, this could be a fake sale designed to pump gpa for future real sales of this book. at the end of the day, i do not trust heritage results unless other sources come back with similar numbers. 

The prior $108K sale was a regular universal 9.8.  This is a SS, which tends to go for more, especially for the keys and esp w/ a nice sig placement, as you noted.  Maybe not the entire story, but should explain some of it.  In other words, if the prior $108K sale was legit, this SS sale does not suprise me too much.  I see the prior sale was Heritage, too, so . . . .  (:

Edited by Pantodude

On 9/18/2021 at 7:26 AM, Gazoony said:

What are your guys thoughts on this? Almost 40k higher than the previous 9.8 sale. 👀

Great sig placement, but bad wrap. $144,000 is a pretty wild price for this. 

Screenshot_20210918-012137_Chrome.jpg

In my book that is a completely insane sale. I would like to see this Heritage result duplicated on another venue please.