• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your GA '05 collecting goals

63 posts in this topic

Finish my High grade run of The Spirit (Quality Comics) and find a Fantastic Comics #3.

My '05 searching is fairly mundane.

I need to pick up the last three appearances of supersnipe that I'm still missing in Fine or better condition.

Still need Doc Savage V1#9, Supersnipe V2#2, Supersnipe V4#12 and could use an upgrade to V1#7, V2#4, V2#5, V4#9, V5#1in Fine or better. I guess that I could also upgrade the shadow issue V2#3 as well.

I know Metropolis has multiples of the V2#2, but they were all mispriced for the V2#1 and they don't seem to want to lower their prices. I did pick up a true V2#1 from them (non gerber) for a fiendishly low price compared to the multiples of guide that one sold on ebay a week earlier.

Other than that, I'll try to finish off a few other good girl art related series.

If you have any of the above, let me know.

Good luck to all in 2005.

1) My first Church pre-hero DC.

2) Get my new CGC Disney Four Color run at least 50% complete.

3) As always, add at least one inked 1950s Carl Barks original to my set.

4) Buy every high grade Mickey Mouse Magazine and pre-Barks WDC&S upgrade available.

I want to make some/any progress in my GA Duck collection. I didn't make a single addition in 2004, it's like the supply of HG Ducks completely dried up after a productive 2002 and 2003. I thought I was going to salvage 2004 with a pick up in December of a sweet CGC 9.4 FC 203 and 9.4 FC 238, but I got killed in the bidding by European bidders wielding their newly powerful currency. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Tim, I've been told of your burning desire to own a Four Color #9. The consensus was that I should then inform you of my recent purchase yesterday: acclaim.gif

816009037o.jpg

It is available for your purchase when the desire becomes too great! poke2.gif

Tim, I've been told of your burning desire to own a Four Color #9. The consensus was that I should then inform you of my recent purchase yesterday: acclaim.gif

It is available for your purchase when the desire becomes too great! poke2.gif

Nice pick up Mark, it's a beauty!

I really want to purchase a low grade CGC Superman #1 for a realistic price. Lots of ungraded copies out there so I still have a wait and see attitude at the moment.

My 05 collecting goal is met. I finally picked up a low grade copy. Based on the grading notes, most of the work was done with the spine. The replaced piece is on the back of the book.

auction15-108.jpg

881152-Superman%231.backcover.jpg

589a8d944a529_881152-Superman1.backcover.jpg.2dced60a8d40a286e1cfb6da58a62332.jpg

I really want to purchase a low grade CGC Superman #1 for a realistic price. Lots of ungraded copies out there so I still have a wait and see attitude at the moment.

My 05 collecting goal is met. I finally picked up a low grade copy. Based on the grading notes, most of the work was done with the spine. The replaced piece is on the back of the book.

gossip.gif I don't consider 4.5 low grade for GA.

Nice book. laugh.gif

Congratulations on your Superman # 1 893applaud-thumb.gif I need to find a front cover to my Detective # 27. Missing front cover, otherwise complete anyone out there have one for sale. Hope to find one this century 893crossfingers-thumb.gifFile0054.jpg[/img] Book is protected in the Fortress! File0053.jpg[/img]

auction15-108.jpg

881152-Superman%231.backcover.jpg

Wow! 893whatthe.gif Congrats, Harvey! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow Harv, ye done good!

Awesome pickup. I have only had the pleasure of holding a Superman #1 in my hands one time (the price was crazy high so I passed), and it was a book that would have fit into the "beater grail" thread. Didja get your book at SD?

Congrats on a formidable goal accomplished!

I need to find a front cover to my Detective # 27. Missing front cover, otherwise complete

anyone out there have one for sale. Hope to find one this century

Great book to complete but it may be a tough goal to obtain the Detective #27 front cover.

I wish you success 893crossfingers-thumb.gif